Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Marriages/ Relationships

1. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries

Interracial Marriages/ Relationships

Advertisements
    I was just wondering how man of you ladies are in an interracial marriage/ relatioinship? If not are you ok with them or are you against them?

I am in a interracial Marriage. I am white and my husband is latino. My mom is in an interracial relationship she is white(duh lol) and her boyfriends is black. We also have a lot of family friends who are in interracial relationships.

If you are against them I would like to know your thinking on it
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm in an international relationship. Does that count? We're both white but DH is American and I am German. To me it never mattered what color or gender combination a couple is. If a couple is in love, they are in love. Nothing else should matter
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Senior Member
    I am in an interracial relationship. Doesn't phase us a bit. We love each other and that is all that matters.
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  4. Senior Member

we're interracial to an extent...i'm half japanese/half american and my hubby is hawaiian. but i am the product of an interracial marriage so i am all for it. i don't see anything wrong with it.
  5. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by germanchick View Post
    I'm in an international relationship. Does that count? We're both whit but DH is American and I am German. To me it never mattered what color or gender combination a couple is. If a couple is in love, they are in love. Nothing else should matter
    I like the way you think. And yes international counts as interracial. I also support gay marriage
  6. Senior Member
    I am the product of an interracial marriage ( my mom is white, my dad was black). DB is white, and, well, I am obviously bi-racial. lol.

I grew up in Northern Virginia---It's super diverse here, and I have never seen/heard anyone make any comment about me being with someone of the opposite race. Majority of my friends even, are in interracial relationships.

I don't see any problem with it at all... love is love. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche.. but I just never understood why anyone would have a problem with something like that?

My moms parents ( my grandparents) were very racist, and NOT happy about my mom marrying a black man. When I was born, my mom called my grandma and told her that I was here... and the first words out of my grandma's mouth were "How dark is she?". Ignorance... haha.
    Banned
    I'm black and he's white. I'd like to count that we're also in a differing cultural relationship. We were raised in different socio-economical settings and it comes up quite often.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think it should make a difference what race/nationality/sexual orientation/whatever the people are. If the two people are committed and love each other than why should it matter to anyone else around them.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    I am in an interracial relationship I am Native American and my DB is Haitian. Also I have two daughters from my marriage and they are Native American/African American. All that matters is love and respect and if that is in the equation then that is all you need. We get the stares and comments but really we don't care....
  10. Senior Member
    been in an interracial marriage for 3 years now, and loving every second of it. dh is black and i'm hispanic.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast