Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Giving out personal information:

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is always ok

0 0%
  • Is ok on the boards, not at work/in real life

3 7.69%
  • Is ok if they could just look for themselves and get it.

4 10.26%
  • I would rather link the person the situation relates to.

5 12.82%
  • Is never ok without direct permission

15 38.46%
  • It's not my business to give out, ever.

10 25.64%
  • I would be ok with it.

0 0%
  • I would be fairly upset about it.

2 5.13%
  • I would be PISSED!

11 28.21%
  • It depends on the situation

15 38.46%
  • Other

1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics s/o: Giving out personal information?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Posting pics s/o: Giving out personal information?

Advertisements
    Poll incoming, but:

If someone calls your workplace claiming to be a friend, relative, or business partner of someone you work with, and asks for their last name, address, or phone number, is it ok to give it to them?

What about when someone logs on here and says, "Who on here has ever: Been divorced? Had an abortion? Known someoneone with an alcohol problem? Lives overseas? Lives at :specific base:?" Or anything else. Does it bother you when people say, "Oh I think :username: lives overseas" or "I think :username: has an uncle who went to rehab after a family intervention. Ask her."
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would take down their name and phone number and have them call you back. I NEVER give out that information. Not my business to.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijus View Post
    Poll incoming, but:

If someone calls your workplace claiming to be a friend, relative, or business partner of someone you work with, and asks for their last name, address, or phone number, is it ok to give it to them?

nope never ever ever at my old job all our calls were recorded and had we done this the shit would have hit the fan
    customers would constantly get upset because they would ask where they put the shipping address too and we would need them to proveide both possible addresses but it was our policy

4. Senior Member
    If the person calling was really a friend, relative, etc., then they should already have the number. If not, then I take their name and number down and give it to my co-worker.

On these boards, I don't worry too much, because we're not listing first and last names. Now...if someone gives out personal info like that, then we have issues. LOL!
  5. Senior Member
    The world is a scary place and people are manipulative and deceptive . As far as I know a stalker could be wanting to know . Read too many stories of murders happening because someone was trying to hide and some one innocently gave out too much information ....extreme ...but who wants that on their conscience?
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I would never give out someone elses personal information and would hope noone would do that to me. Who knows who the sycho person is.

7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Poll incoming, but:

What about when someone logs on here and says, "Who on here has ever: Been divorced? Had an abortion? Known someoneone with an alcohol problem? Lives overseas? Lives at :specific base:?" Or anything else. Does it bother you when people say, "Oh I think :username: lives overseas" or "I think :username: has an uncle who went to rehab after a family intervention. Ask her."
    at work no, i would say i'll have them call you.
    On here if they have already posted said info then its fair game. If it was given to me via PM then I don't say so and so lives here does this.
    My feeling is if you put it out there by your own hand. Ie making a post about where you live or family troubles then you don't mind when people say that you are familiar with xyz.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    i have a list of everyone who works in the building and unless they work directly with the person i won't even give out their work phone number. that is the only information i will give out. i would not want anyone giving out any of my information.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I dont mind giving out some of my information. Obviously Ill PM my mailing address instead of posting, that sort of things. And I try to not say other people business unless they are okay with it. But like BrittanyJo did the other night, she posted that someone should PM about Alaska and moving here since I lived here forever, totally cool with me, dont mind at all. I kinda figure if I have posted aobut it, then its free for other to use, if I dont want everyone to know it, I PM or dont say anything, this is the internet people, come on now.
  10. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    Poll incoming, but:

It can really depend on the situation. If someone posts online then it's okay to refer to it because they made it public. But in our office, unless the co-worker has okay'd you to give out other information, you can get into big trouble for it. As a general rule, I take the info from who ever comes in or calls and pass on the message if that person is not here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast