Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugging children???

1. Senior Member

Drugging children???

Advertisements
    So I have a question for all you parents out there......what do you think about giving your children(ages 4-8) Benadryl as a means to get them to calm down and go sleep?
    Not as a once in a blue moon type or for a relaxing med on a plane.......but EVERY f*cking night so you can do your own thing without being bothered with "kid stuff"???

My exhusband had my kids for a few weeks for visitation and come to find out, him & his wife had been giving them Benadryl so they would go to bed and then give them coffee in the morning to counteract the effects. Does this fall into an abuse category or am I just a freakin over protective mother???
    I'd love to hear opinons on this since I am getting ready to go off about this.
    Anyone out there who wants to fuel my fire or give me a good solid reason why this is OK.....please speak up.

****UPDATE**** So I personality have cut off all of the communication my kids have with their father untill after we see what the courts will decide. CPS can't do much without "proof"!?!?!?!?!? :mad I guess they don't see a child's testimony as being valid? WHATEVER. This is why I don't have faith in ANY justice system!!!! I guess I can try to see it from the "law's side" as I appear like a bitter vengeful ex wife......but I could care less of what they think of ME as long as MY KIDS are safe.
    So, DH and I are going to be hiring a lawyer. My next question is.....should we utilize base legal or hire a civilian to handle this type of case?? I am leaning towards civilian.

And BTW...thank you to everyone for your support and advice in this.
    Last edited by palemoon21; 07-16-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE>>>>>
  2. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    IMO, It's wrong. You don't drug your children to cop out of being a parent and dealing with them.

if you truly believe he did this, then you need to call CPS because it IS a form of abuse.

3. Senior Member
    I sedated DS with Benadryl when he burned his hand badly a few weeks ago..
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    I sedated DS with Benadryl when he burned his hand badly a few weeks ago..
    That's acceptable though. He was hurt. He required meds. You are no where in the wrong......like I feel my exhusband is.
    I hope your DS is better now!
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, call CPS and report him. I would.
  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Im sorry but the more I think about it the more I know if it wsa my ex and Timmy, the moment I found out, I would be on the phone with CPS, and then I would be filing out papers for an exparte hearing to stop visitation until resolved.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That's abuse. You need to report him to CPS.
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  8. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Yes, if it was something done for convenience and not for the proper use of the medication, I say report him!

9. Senior Member

I think it's abuse. I'd calll CPS to at least ask their opinion on it.
  10. Senior Member
    Big NO!! That is F'ed up if you ask me...
    I knew the moment I first looked into your eyes - before you ever kissed me, I knew whether you knew it or not, and no matter how long it took, you were the one for me. I didn't care what people said or what the odds were. I didn't pay attention to anything but to what my heart was telling me. "This is it," my heart said. "This is the one you've been waiting for!" And thats the way I've felt about you ever since.That's the way it still is every time I hear your voice on the other end of the line. It doesn't matter whether we're in or out of love at that moment. I guess that's cause we both know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours. Thats what being in love is all about!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast