1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Strip for charity!!!

Advertisements
    Can you see me naked now? Cell phone giant wants skin
    Virgin Mobile donates clothing every time 5 people watch you undress
    Posted: July 14, 2008

"Gabby W." performs striptease for Virgin Mobile's charity drive
    One of the largest cell phone companies in the nation is asking young people to perform videotaped stripteases to music and broadcast them across the world for charity.

Virgin Mobile's "Strip2Clothe" website displays the campaign slogan, "You take off yours, we donate ours" and "Somewhere someone out there needs clothes more than you." It promises to make a clothing donation to homeless youth every time five people watch the striptease videos.

The website asks that there be no cursing or full nudity. "Think bathing suit, not birthday suit," it says. However, several entries feature young women dancing in bras and panties.

Virgin Mobile is testing the campaign along with National Network for Youth, or NN4Y, a Washington, D.C., lobbying group for more than 150 organizations to benefit young people who live on the streets. Among popular companies sponsoring the drive are American Eagle Outfitters, StandUp for Kids and Thread.

Under its "Why are we asking you to strip?" section, Virgin Mobile states:

When Virgin Mobile first learned that there are over 1 million kids in the US without a place to call home, we were stunned. Homeless kids are different than homeless adults they haven't had a chance to live their lives yet. It turns out, most of these kids have been forced from their homes because of circumstances beyond their control. Maybe it's an abusive dad who can't live with his son's sexual orientation. Whatever the case, some homeless kids manage to make it through school, but others are less fortunate, resorting to begging or prostitution just to get ahead. ...

So what's this got to do with you taking off your clothes? The truth is, someone out there needs clothes more than you do. And by making your video, you send a message to the million homeless kids out there letting them know that you're aware of their situation and care enough to help out. ...

You take off yours, we donate ours. Simple as that.

So far, the company has received more than 56,000 donations.

Many charity organizations across the country are criticizing the campaign, saying it exploits youth rather than helping them survive difficult living conditions. Some NN4Y groups expressed outrage at the campaign, saying they were never consulted about the project, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Some said they were angered at the concept of asking young people to perform striptease dances as a way to provide clothing to the homeless.

According to news reports, Rebecca Lentz, spokeswoman for Minnesota's Catholic Charities said it's "distasteful and inappropriate and exploitative. We never authorized this nor were we ever approached to be involved."

Victoria Wagner, chief executive of NN4Y, said the campaign is being re-evaluated.

"It's unfortunate it's become so explosive," Wagner said.

NN4Y representatives said they are discussing the controversial nature of the drive with Virgin Mobile and expect to have a decision tomorrow on whether to move forward with the striptease campaign.

According to the Star Tribune, Virgin Mobile, which said it mandated "good taste" rules to keep striptease videos "fun but not salacious," appears to be intent on defending its campaign concept.

"(We) believe that promotion (of the site) will result in thousands of new clothes being provided for those in need," spokeswoman Jayne Wallace said in a letter to the NN4Y.

The campaign has created a firestorm of Web criticism and petitions against the drive. Bloggers posted the following comments about the program:

What brain dead marketing "exec" came up with this? Is there no common sense left anywhere?
    The last thing we need to be doing is promoting sexuality in our children even further. Whatever pedophile marketing egghead came up with this one needs to have their head checked and computer scanned.

Whoever thought this was a good idea has probably had very few of them.
    Getting children to disrobe for charity? What moron came up with that idea? Next they are going to come out with the "Bong Hits for Drug Addicts" campaign. Take one bong hit and we will treat one drug abuser.

Note: Concerned individuals may contact the following representatives: Daniel Schulman, chairman of Virgin Mobile USA; Jayne Wallace, Virgin Mobile communications; Erica Bolton, Virgin Mobile investor; Victoria Wagner, National Network For Youth chief executive officer; Mishaela Duran, NN4Y director of public affairs.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69596
    http://www.strip2clothe.com/about

What are your thoughts?!?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I saw that when I watched the new sxephil video on youtube!

I think it is awesome
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

OH I'm going to sign up my 3 dd's.......!!!! Imagine, their images out there stripping so someone can get a free t-shirt

WTH were they thinking???

Just donate the clothes....why make someone strip for it....oh the pedophiles will be out in droves downloading THOSE clips.....
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Hey whatever helps charity.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    why can't they just donate clothing? Why make people strip for it. That's just well that's just dumb
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    LOL!!!! I'm wondering why the company can't just donate clothes, myself, without having people do a striptease show. I think it's a bunch of CROCK!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    please i would make half this world pour acid in their eyes.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  8. Senior Member
    I think it is horrible. Who the heck would come up with that bright idea? and I agree with Jayo the pedephiles must love this new "charity event."
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it's all about the ratings. They know the girllovers and pedophiles and assholes will be flocking to see the videos, so they're getting free publicity at the expense of hundreds or thousands of sons and daughters.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ummm why as parents are we letting our minor children strip for the PC? I would think this contest is geared towards 18 and over not 17 and under. (which would be illegal BTW) I think if there ARE minors stripping on camera then this would be a parenting issue, not the evil company mad my child do this sort of issue.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast