Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Do you...

Advertisements
    Often find yourself knocking peoples jobs?

Like garbage men are people who cant do anything else, flipping burgers is below me, the USPS is full of idiots?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I do when it comes to customer service I have worked in customer service quite a bit so I know the stress that can come with it but I still don't think I should be on the receiving end of shittastic customer service just b/c they are frustrated with their job.

Other than that, not really.

Though, Jaxon did tell me a few days ago that he wanted to be a garbage man when he grows up and I told him that he should really consider another field b/c garbage men have to work around incredibly stinky garbage and do not get paid much to do it. He asked me why and I told him it's probably b/c they didn't go to school long enough to learn another job
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Sometimes I do when it comes to customer service I have worked in customer service quite a bit so I know the stress that can come with it but I still don't think I should be on the receiving end of shittastic customer service just b/c they are frustrated with their job.

Other than that, not really.

Though, Jaxon did tell me a few days ago that he wanted to be a garbage man when he grows up and I told him that he should really consider another field b/c garbage men have to work around incredibly stinky garbage and do not get paid much to do it. He asked me why and I told him it's probably b/c they didn't go to school long enough to learn another job
    My BIL is a garbage man and he makes better money then my dad does...He also is super smart...They get free health insurance thats better then ours and my DH works for the gov't.
  4. Senior Member
    Sometimes, when I know people are not being as nice as they should be.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    My BIL is a garbage man and he makes better money then my dad does...He also is super smart...They get free health insurance thats better then ours and my DH works for the gov't.
    I have only ever known one "garbage guy" and he worked for minimal pay and hated his job. So, I was only going by my prior experience with it. I can't imagine having to work in that type of heat around that kind of smell for any type of money, but I didn't think any of them really got paid that well.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I have only ever known one "garbage guy" and he worked for minimal pay and hated his job. So, I was only going by my prior experience with it. I can't imagine having to work in that type of heat around that kind of smell for any type of money, but I didn't think any of them really got paid that well.
    He actually makes different pay for each day of the week! They get safety points every pay day...His co workers have gone on 2 weeks cruises and vacations for free with their points. My sister wont save them LOL, she got DS his high chair for free.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I started this because my friend doesnt work which is fine but she is like the only job they can get is flipping burgers...Well atleast they are working.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I've done some crappy jobs so I"m not in any place to ever come down on anyone for what they do. I firmly believe that working anywhere and trying your best at that job is better than not working and being a bum/loser. Period. I've "flipped burgers", waited tables, been a hostess, customer service, office clerk/receptionist... none of which are that glamorous, but I was young and didn't have a degree and I was doing what I needed to do to make enough money to pay my bills.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I always look at it this way...If someone didnt do a certain job, who would?
  10. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Yeah... I've been around friends who've made comments like "ewwww this guy works at a fast food? yuckkkk"

I never know what they mean... Its just a crappy part time? (and by crappy I mean not the most glamorous situation, KWIM?) And so what if it turns into a full time?

At least they HAVE a job I think thats a lot more valuable than what the job is.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast