Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting License

1. Banned
    Banned

Parenting License

Advertisements
    Should procreating require a license? Should you have to take parenting classes before being allowed to have sex and make babies?

ETA: If "yes", please explain what kind of "criteria" you feel the license test should have.

Discuss.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yes!! DB and I both thing they should do this sort of thing for people!
    WATCH WHAT YOU POST. REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING![/SIZE]
    Banned
    Yes. Of course the licensing process should make allowances for different schools of parenting.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    IMO you should have to take a pill TO become pregnant not the other way around.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    IMO you should have to take a pill TO become pregnant not the other way around.
    haha....you need a pregnancy prescription...
    WATCH WHAT YOU POST. REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING![/SIZE]
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by his_little_spoon View Post
    Yes!! DB and I both thing they should do this sort of thing for people!
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyedbeauty View Post
    Yes. Of course the licensing process should make allowances for different schools of parenting.
    Intelligence and the ability to pass a test have zilch to do with parenting ability. You can be the smartest, most charming person on the planet, and still end up a serial killer (i.e. Ted Bundy).

What kind of "criteria" do you suggest the license test have?
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Um, no. The government does not exist to regulate and run every area of our lives. I'm not about to start electing people based on how they view parenting and then be told how it is best for me to parent. Sure, there are people who I wish wouldn't have children. But we don't live in a Utopian society and we never will.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm a proponent of national health insurance/coverage. I think that parenting classes should be part of all prenatal care.

My oldest was born at Great lakes. In order to deliver in that hospital, I was required to attend 6 weeks of classes, one night a week, that covered various things about labor, delivery, infant care, etc. those wo already had at least one child only had to take the 2-week refresher course heehee).

Now I don't think they would have refused to deliver the baby if I hadn't gone to the classes, but they were still required and there was still a place in the record stating whether or not the mother had attended classes. I thought it was great, I learned a TON of stuff in those 6 classes, wish it could have gone on for more.

So yeah, I think it should be required as a part of insurance coverage, which should be available to everyone at little or no cost.
  9. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Don't see how it is feasible in the real world. Not very "American" either, this being the land of the free and all that.
    Are there baby making police?

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I totally agree that it SHOULD be required. However, I don't think it's feasible.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast