Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricare paying for pregnancy

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Tricare paying for pregnancy

Advertisements
    I've never thought about this until I just saw JoyS say something about it. Hope you don't mind me calling you out Joy You made a good point, and I was just curious what other people thought.

Do you think Tricare should pay for a service member's SO to have a baby if they are NOT married?

Discuss.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    No. I think if you're making the committment to have the baby, you should get married if you want tricare to cover it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    No. I think if you're making the committment to have the baby, you should get married if you want tricare to cover it.
    I agree!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    I think so also.
  5. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    My first instinct is to say yes, it's the service members child. That's saying that the child is the service members child...because tricare pays for the child after birth, why not during pregnancy?
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It's a big NO for me as well!
  7. Senior Member
    I don't mind

I am honestly split on it. I think they should because the baby is going to be the servicemember's dependent thus entitled to the best that the military can offer even before he/she is born.

But on the other hand, how many women get pregnant (not talking about anybody on here or in specific or necessarily even military GFs) an then want nothing to do with the dad? Or how many women would blame a military guy for being the father just to find out that he was indeed NOT the father; so then the military is out that money.

Sooo, that being said... I don't honestly know. I know (or would love to think) that 99% of military GFs would not lie about something like that to our service members but at the same time you can never assume anything and I think the military does not cover them simply to cover their rear ends.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That would be nice, the first baby DH and I had (we werent married) wasnt able to be added to his insurance until she was born...sucked cause I had a $250 co-pay due before I had her just to get a spot in the hospital....They arent going to change the rules but its a nice thought.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    My first instinct is to say yes, it's the service members child. That's saying that the child is the service members child...because tricare pays for the child after birth, why not during pregnancy?
    okay ummm what if this isnt his child then the military would be paying for a child that wasnt his but then again i wonder about some of the kids the "wives" call thier hubs sometimes ... but there is medicaid so i dont know why would you want the milutary pay for it if you can qualify for medicaid...
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    That's true also.

I don't know. I guess I have mixed feelings but Theresa makes a really good point. If the baby is his from conception (oh but this is another good point... how do we KNOW it's his? and how do we KNOW he'll sign the birth cert?), then caring for the child should be covered from the get go. But, again, you might have issues with women being covered who aren't really pregnant with the service person's baby. So, I don't know. Tough call
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast