Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Should Congress repeal "dont ask dont tell" law/policy???

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

40 62.50%
  • no

13 20.31%
  • not sure

11 17.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military study: "dont ask dont tell" policy

1. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by timsgurl1776 View Post
    I didn't want to enter into a big debate......I agree with Wicked in that it would be good for the fact that if hate crimes do happen they could report it....In the end, I would want to know the opinion of gay people in the military. That is why I said I don't know...
    Adam and I are just quoting you cuz you got us thinking. You brought up a good discussion point. That's a good thing!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Adam and I are just quoting you cuz you got us thinking. You brought up a good discussion point. That's a good thing!
    Didn't know you looked at it that way thanks for telling me. I am not big on the debating but I did want to mention what I thought.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by timsgurl1776 View Post
    Didn't know you looked at it that way thanks for telling me. I am not big on the debating but I did want to mention what I thought.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know that with me and Ghedi (that's my husband, Adam, BTW) we just love the discussion. If someone brings up something that gets the hamsters a runnin' we tend to quote it and start talking about it. You brought up a concern that I think a lot of people have. We definitely weren't saying there was anything wrong with the concerns you have at all, just responding with our opinions on it. Neither one of us take debate personally or anything, so don't worry! We just like talking about this stuff!

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I am always interested in other people's views!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    Well here's how I see it. And I'm hung over and over-sharing, so bear with me.

If homosexuals can't be in the military, should Patrick be kicked out because we've had anal sex? What exactly is so wrong with being homosexual?

Does putting your penis in a rectum prevent you from doing your job? Are homosexuals evil, theiving, lazy, perverse people who are unfit to be in the general population?

Maybe we should make a list of other jobs gays shouldn't have.

Teacher: They could turn your kids gay.

Waiter: They might touch your food and get gay on it.

Dancer: Watching a gay person wiggle around in tight clothing might make you gay.

Actor: What if they had a gay man play a straight man in a movie? That's no good.

Camp councelor: Because we all know that all gays are child molestors.

It is ASININE to tell a person that because of where they LEGALLY stick their schlong they can't have a certain job.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Lizim1981 View Post
    Waiter: They might touch your food and get gay on it.
    OMG this one cracked me up. Especially since my gay cousin works in a VERY popular restaurant in California. I wonder how many people he has infected with the gayness?
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i'm with timsgirl. i just don't know while yes it would be extremely important to get rid of DADT but i don't think it'll really happen
  7. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    At least if they repeal it when hate crimes happen the victims can report it. As it stands now, if a gay person is harassed or assaulted they can't report the crime or they risk being investigated themselves and being discharged for being gay. Crimes go unreported and people get away with it because of the DADT policy. Repealing it would make that better, not worse. At least then the people who commit the crimes cn be held accountable and kicked out, not the victims.
    This is a great point.

My further question on this is that when I asked DB about gays in the military he said that lesbians tend not to bug the guys as much. If they are open about their sexual orientation, then the guys in the platoon just say "meh. big deal" and continue on. He said that what tends to freak guys out is having a gay man look at you in close showering quarters or dressing areas...etc. That's where I see the "trust and confidence" issue come up.

I also agree with Miss B'Havn though in that if they are willing to put on a uniform and fight for our country...go ahead! What do I care if you are gay or not?
  8. Senior Member
    I think they should stay with the, Dont ask dont tell policy.
    Not because I am a homophobic or whatever. I just think that it would be easier on them. Some people are just not as excepting as others.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika17 View Post
    Not because I am a homophobic or whatever. I just think that it would be easier on them. Some people are just not as excepting as others.
    So it is "easier" to have to hide your love live/significant other and deny who you are? It is "easier" to have to suffer through any attacks by those not as accepting as others because to report the incident would be "telling" which would result in YOU being punished?
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika17 View Post
    OK well then lets go back to separate water fountains and schools, and counters at the diner because SOME people are less excepting as others.

No one is asking straight members of the military to have gay sex with these people. They are asking them to let them do their jobs.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast