Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-induction (pregnancy) through various methods

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Self-induction (pregnancy) through various methods

Advertisements
    There are so many methods and so many reasons - everything from bumpy car rides, laughing, eggplant parmesian, acupresure and unsafe methods like castor oil and even breaking ones own water.

*Do you agree with any form of unmonitored, at-home labor induction done for any reason?

*Would you consider any of these methods (and others not listed) to be worth a call to CPS/DHS to report child abuse?

*Do you think there are certain reasons that are better than others for any kind of induction? (reasons people induce range from wanting the child born before a certain date, birth weight, or the Mom just can't stand being pregnant, anymore)

(I was just reminescing over my past labor experiences - especially our last child that I home-induced with accupressure (took 3 freaking steady days. LOL) because our Dr refused to admit me to the hospital for a regular induction because "I prefer not to unless it's medically necessary" - eventhough I was actually overdue and the baby had dropped. I just was dilated, yet. My hubby was to deploy very soon and we were out of time. Baby was born 5 days before deployment. No thanks to my OBGYN.)
  2. Banned
    Banned
    When doctors suggest spicy foods and sex to self-induce, I figure it isn't all that bad.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I believe people should let the baby come in its own time. With that said I think some home methods (the ones midwives show you how to do) are 100 times better then a medical induction.

I don't believe in inducing just to get the baby here on a time that works best for the parents. To each their own though it's not illegal.
  4. Senior Member
    Most I'd try is sex and maybe driving along a bumpy road.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    breaking your own water?? Wow.
  6. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Bailey View Post
    breaking your own water?? Wow.
    LOL - yeah, my grandmother did that with ALL of her kids (my Mom and aunts) I'd NEVER conceive of that!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I believe people should let the baby come in its own time. With that said I think some home methods (the ones midwives show you how to do) are 100 times better then a medical induction.

I don't believe in inducing just to get the baby here on a time that works best for the parents. To each their own though it's not illegal.
    ITA.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

Banned
    When having a baby you risk it getting here when it wants to. Although I think an OB is an asshat for not inducing someone who's overdue when the baby has dropped.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think the baby will come when it's ready, unless doctors say there is a reason to induce.
  10. Senior Member
    I think as long as you are not endangering the baby it's ok. SO eating diffrent food, walking, sex those things will only help bring on labor if your body is actually ready....otherwise your just full, sore, and tired

I can not imagine breaking my own water. wow.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast