Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Guns?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Toy Guns?

Advertisements
    Do you or will you let your children play with toy guns?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yup. Water guns, cowboy revolvers, the works.

Liam knows nothing sends his ass to time out faster than even remotely pointing one at somebody.
    Gun safety is taught in this house from age 2-and that includes toy guns.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    If you don't let your kids play with toy guns they will just make a gun out of a stick, their fingers, an empty roll of TP.

I don't think they actual toy is a bad thing. It think it's just that, A TOY.

Would I not let my kids have stuffed animals on the off chance that they thought it was OK to treat actual animals that way?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No. We both agreed (surprisingly) that any gun that looks or sounds realistic will not be allowed. so that really just leaves water guns. because those are fun
    We both agree that guns are NOT toys, they are weapons, and if Andrew is still in the army, they are a part of his job.

Strangely enough, we are okay with swords though. Plastic and wooden swords are okay as toys with us (DH LOOOOVES swords and wants some cool ones to hang on the wall haha) but that although playing at pirates or whatever is okay... HURTING each other wont be... so no hitting hard!

We want our children to have an appreciation for weapons, for the pain they can enflict but for the beauty they can have and the HISTORY weapons have. Andrew loves history, especially the history of weapons and how it went from sticks and stones to what we have now.
  5. Senior Member
    I don't have kids yet so I hope I'm not off limits to this convo but I know I'll let my kids play with toy guns.

I think it's a good idea to teach them gun safety when they are old enough to understand.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DB and I have discussed this..... gun safety is going to be a priority in our household, because we have guns.

I'm not sure about toy guns..... maybe squirt guns.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I don't have kids yet so I hope I'm not off limits to this convo but I know I'll let my kids play with toy guns.

I think it's a good idea to teach them gun safety when they are old enough to understand.
    Your not off limits....It said do you or will you.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't really see a problem with little squirt guns or anything.

We sell them at PBK. Toy guns are the same thing, they are just for play. Boys will be boys, and that includes dressing up like cowboy or police officer with a mini play revolver or what not.

Personally, I would not have guns in the house if I had children. But other people like to go hunting or have them for sport. It's their job as responsible parents to teach their children about gun safety.
  9. Am
    My family owns a hunting lodge so I grew up with numerous shotguns literally sitting by unlocked front door (it's a VERY small town). I had water guns, cap guns, air soft guns, paint ball guns, and even a BB gun at a very young age. I think as long as safety is practiced then it is beneficial to have them young because it teaches safety early on. I knew NEVER to point even a toy gun NEAR anyone or I'd get in BIG trouble. Of course, video games back then were monkeys throwing barrels and painters riding dinos.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaHokie View Post
    My family owns a hunting lodge so I grew up with numerous shotguns literally sitting by unlocked front door (it's a VERY small town). I had water guns, cap guns, air soft guns, paint ball guns, and even a BB gun at a very young age. I think as long as safety is practiced then it is beneficial to have them young because it teaches safety early on. I knew NEVER to point even a toy gun NEAR anyone or I'd get in BIG trouble. Of course, video games back then were monkeys throwing barrels and painters riding dinos.
    Ditto to all of this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast