Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast Feeding Vs Formula Feeding.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Breast Feeding Vs Formula Feeding.

Advertisements
    I am writing this in response to another thread, about BF vs FF being a can of worms.

im going to go ahead and quote what was written so i can respond accurately.

This does NOT have to be a can of worms I will never understand why grown women can not rationally discuss formula, breast milk, bottle feeding, straight from the breast feeding, NIP, nursing in private etc without someone getting feelers hurt. When I give breast feeding advice it is NOT in any way shape or form a slam towards people that choose formula.
    My feelers did get hurt. I don't think people who formula feed are any less of a parent. But when women say "Oh I am going to formula feed because its easier" (not saying anyone here said that btw) it really urks me to no end. I was not medically able to breastfeed my son, because of the medications i was on after birth. I had dreams and plans, and all of that got crushed when i asked my LC about hales lookup for some of the meds, almost nearly all of them were L4, which means that it is passed through the breast milk. I felt shafted, that i couldn't do what was best for my own child. I think some women take it for granted that they can breast feed and choose to bottle feed because its "easier". I can tell you, i most definitely didn't think it was easier, having to crate bottles and formula, and fresh water with me everywhere i went, when i could just give my child the breast and be done with it. So yes, my feelers are hurt when people say "oh i'd rather bottle feed".

Now, what are your opinions.

2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    again?????? really? i'm sorry but we've gone down this alley 100000x.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    again?????? really? i'm sorry but we've gone down this alley 100000x.
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I said it was a can of worms because it is a woman's choice how to feed her own child. We've debated this until we're all blue in the face.

I'm verry pro breastfeeding....but I realize it's not for everyone. We've beaten the debate of the FF vs BF so many times that it's no longer a good debate -people feel that their parenting choices are attacked and it gets nasty. That's what I meant. No need to get butthurt that it's a can of worms. Most debates are.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

There are a lot of us who formula fed. I formula fed my other 3 boys and I am DEAD SET on breastfeeding this time. No one said anything bad, but trying to understand why she'd choose to do both right from the get go when she could pump and have a supply handy since doing both right away will lead to a low supply.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Long story short....

Whether its BF or FF.... people who think their way is the only way, and try to make you feel like shit because of it, are douchebags.

Do whatever works for you and your family.... and screw everyone else.
    Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 06-23-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: clarity
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    WHO freaking cares how a mom chooses to feed her baby.

Big deal if someone says that they dont want to BF just because they dont want too. FF isnt going to kill a baby. I didnt even try to BF with one of mine out of shear convience. Big deal. It doesnt mean I am any less of a mother than anyone else or that I love him less than my others. He is just as happy and healthy as any breastfed child I have ever met.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    WHO freaking cares how a mom chooses to feed her baby.

Big deal if someone says that they dont want to BF just because they dont want too. FF isnt going to kill a baby. I didnt even try to BF with one of mine out of shear convience. Big deal. It doesnt mean I am any less of a mother than anyone else or that I love him less than my others. He is just as happy and healthy as any breastfed child I have ever met.
    I totally agree. I'm not a mom, so maybe I'm missing something.... but I never understood why this is such a big freaking controversial debate.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I did both with Liam(FF after BF failed for reasons I couldnt control) and both are very efficient forms of nutrition for infants. There are things that are more convenient about each one. I agree, this debate gets old...mostly because it has no merit. No parenting choice is inherently "better". It all depends on the family in question.
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I did both with Liam(FF after BF failed for reasons I couldnt control) and both are very efficient forms of nutrition for infants. There are things that are more convenient about each one. I agree, this debate gets old...mostly because it has no merit. No parenting choice is inherently "better". It all depends on the family in question.

I definitely agree.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast