Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast Feeding Vs Formula Feeding.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I do what is best for my child
    You do what is best for you child
    What I do does not effect your child
    What you do does not effect my child
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinMama View Post
    I am writing this in response to another thread, about BF vs FF being a can of worms.

im going to go ahead and quote what was written so i can respond accurately.

My feelers did get hurt. I don't think people who formula feed are any less of a parent. But when women say "Oh I am going to formula feed because its easier" (not saying anyone here said that btw) it really urks me to no end. I was not medically able to breastfeed my son, because of the medications i was on after birth. I had dreams and plans, and all of that got crushed when i asked my LC about hales lookup for some of the meds, almost nearly all of them were L4, which means that it is passed through the breast milk. I felt shafted, that i couldn't do what was best for my own child. I think some women take it for granted that they can breast feed and choose to bottle feed because its "easier". I can tell you, i most definitely didn't think it was easier, having to crate bottles and formula, and fresh water with me everywhere i went, when i could just give my child the breast and be done with it. So yes, my feelers are hurt when people say "oh i'd rather bottle feed".
    Now, what are your opinions.
    My opinion is that I don't give a crap whether or not you choose to breast or bottle feed. Your personal issues of feeling ripped off over it are yours and yours alone, and have absolutely nothing to do with my nipples (real or rubber).

Trying to debate this topic only encourages divisiveness. Why not talk about SAHMs vs. moms who choose to work outside the home? More chance of solving the world's problems with that one.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have BF and FF and there are benefits to both. Everyone has to make their own decisions on whats best for their family. I BF all 3 of my kids. My oldest for only 6 weeks. My son for over a year. And Bailey for 3 months. No one should be made to feel they are a bad or lesser parent for their feeding choices. No formula is NOT perfect. But BM can be harmful too depending on what mom is ingesting.

Feed your baby what you want to feed your baby and dont be ashamed of what you decide.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    eta: i agree with jill
  5. Senior Member
    I think to each their own. There are always going to be people who think their way is better, no matter the topic. There is always gonna be "proof" that one way is better than another. I am gonna do what I feel is best for my babies, to the best of my abilities, and that is all that matters.

Adding this..
    There may come a time when you have to weigh your pros and cons.
    For example, I know I have an obstacle facing me when it comes to breastfeeding. I am on an anti-depressant that I just cannot stop taking. I have tried, and it has landed me in the hospital. Now I also know that the medication I am taking does cross the barrier into breastmilk. I am only a little over a month pregnant, but I am trying to fix that NOW. I am switching to a medication that won't be as harmful to my babies, and if it works, great! If not, I am gonna try something else! I may end up formula feeding as much as I want to breastfeed, but that is just something I have to personally come to terms with. Everyone has their issues and I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone else based on their personal choice.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    My Your personal issues of feeling ripped off over it are yours and yours alone, and have absolutely nothing to do with my nipples (real or rubber).
    Okay I had to re-read that statement because when I read it the first time I could have sworn you said you had rubber nipples!! I was HUH? How does that happen?

Carry on
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBreathe View Post
    I think to each their own. There are always going to be people who think their way is better, no matter the topic. There is always gonna be "proof" that one way is better than another. I am gonna do what I feel is best for my babies, to the best of my abilities, and that is all that matters.

Adding this..
    There may come a time when you have to weigh your pros and cons.
    For example, I know I have an obstacle facing me when it comes to breastfeeding. I am on an anti-depressant that I just cannot stop taking. I have tried, and it has landed me in the hospital. Now I also know that the medication I am taking does cross the barrier into breastmilk. I am only a little over a month pregnant, but I am trying to fix that NOW. I am switching to a medication that won't be as harmful to my babies, and if it works, great! If not, I am gonna try something else! I may end up formula feeding as much as I want to breastfeed, but that is just something I have to personally come to terms with. Everyone has their issues and I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone else based on their personal choice.
    Absolutely see if thee is something that either 1. there is something else you can take or 2. check the crossover rate
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I have done both and have to say there were definitely pros and cons to each. Beyond that
  9. ItsJesse
    I think this subject, along with ones like circumcision and vaccines is a VERY tough one to discuss rationally in a large setting. I did lots of research on these topics (along with many others..... I am big into being informed with health options and such for my friends and family) I don't want to get into my stand on this, but I say it's always best to keep an open mind and remember that what others think/believe is what they think/believe, and not what you personally have to agree with. It is healthy to debate, to a certain degree, but when it turns into bashing others for their differing views, I think that this is where these subjects get out of hand.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I tried to BF with Emma it just didn't work out so I had to go to FF..yeah I wished it would have worked out with BFing but it didn't and I don't feel like I am any less of a mother for it
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast