Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Too old for that"

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

"Too old for that"

Advertisements
    Ok, this started because my fourteen year old sister decided I was far too old to be wearing a star-shaped barette. Personally, I think she just didn't want to loan it to me, but it got me thinking...

When is someone "too old" for a miniskirt? Python pumps? Leather pants?

Why do you think this way?

Are there exceptions? How do you know if you are one?

I almost put this in the beauty/fashion forum but since it is a debate after all, it may as well go here...who knows who might get offended.
  2. Senior Member
    IMO you are never too old for Python pumps...too young maybe...but not too old. Miniskirt and leather pants....when things start going south.....your probably too old. I am almost 40, and would not be caught dead in them but you will bury me in my Twisted Python boots!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it has to do more with personality and how it's worn than age... I could see myself rocking a star barrette for quite a few years to come.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have heard often that 40 is the cutoff for miniskirts...but stars like Tina Turner and Dolly Parton, Demi Moore....they would be doing the world an injustice if they never showed those awesome legs, and they are well past 40!
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    No more fun barettes? But...but....

I think that it all depends on who you are and where you work. I have to dress more professionally and "normal" because of my industry.

I would say that 60 is too old to wear a miniskirt and leather pants. Maybe even as young as 40. However, fun shoes can be worn anytime as long as they work with the outift.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I have heard often that 40 is the cutoff for miniskirts...but stars like Tina Turner and Dolly Parton, Demi Moore....they would be doing the world an injustice if they never showed those awesome legs, and they are well past 40!
    If I looked like Demi Moore in a mini I would wear them too! But alas I don't.
  7. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I think there are exceptions. It's all about how you want to be perceived. And if you want to be perceived as fun, happy-go-lucky, etc. and the rest of your look matches that, than you can do it. If you want to be a soccer mom (which I have a sneaking suspicion you don't ) then it's time to put away the star barettes.
  8. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    well one, loretta how can you be too old for a star barette!? pshhh steal it from her hahah
    hey i say some people have their opinions on what age is not good for what but you always wear or do what you are comfortable in or comfortable doing who cares what people think right?
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    No more fun barettes? But...but....

I think that it all depends on who you are and where you work. I have to dress more professionally and "normal" because of my industry.

I would say that 60 is too old to wear a miniskirt and leather pants. Maybe even as young as 40. However, fun shoes can be worn anytime as long as they work with the outift.
    Does this 60(62 actually) look too old?

On the contrary, though...I have seen some 20 year olds who really just should've worn pants.
    Banned
    I think you can wear it as long as you look good in it. When you get the cellulite and the varicose veins and the sausage legs, no more miniskirts for you.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast