Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pacifiers...

1. Senior Member

pacifiers...

Advertisements
    so my family and I went to Legoland today and it was AWESOME
    ill post some pictures at the end of the weekend but anyways we passed a child that had to be somewhere between 6 and 8 with a pacifier in his mouth...so i thought haha he must have his little brothers pacifier in his mouth...well we passed the same family at least four times and he still had it in his mouth AND i saw the baby which had its OWN pacifier in his mouth...he still could have been goofing around but i dont know...it irked me
    i am not a mother but im a nanny and i think there is a certain age where pacifiers are just...not neccessary. remember this is my opinion but 6 is WAY too old in my opinion to have a pacifier stuck in your mouth...

opinions?

2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I agree--but maybe the kid looked older than he was? I have twin cousins that at 2 looked more like they were 5 because they were sooo tall. (their parents are 5'11" and 6'3")

I sucked my thumb at that age, but I can't imagine a binki being used at 6-8 yo. Isn't it bad for teeth growing it too?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. X
    X
    I don't like pacifiers period. I agree with your opinion
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't like pacifiers either, but dd used one on and off while I was nursing, for the first 6 months. I don't think kids should use them past a year.
  5. Senior Member
    no this kid was obviously at least 6 at the youngest both his parents werent tall either but he was taller then my 14 year old brother looked younger but he honestly looked like he was 9 or 10 but im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt....

i dont really like them either ? the baby i watch is able to stick it all the way in her mouth (shes 8 months) so she doesnt have one anymore but i really only gave it to her before she fell asleep because it helped...like a security thing but not because she was crying...

6. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    yea 6 is way too old...

IMy Baby Boy!
  7. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    no this kid was obviously at least 6 at the youngest both his parents werent tall either but he was taller then my 14 year old brother looked younger but he honestly looked like he was 9 or 10 but im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt....

i dont really like them either ? the baby i watch is able to stick it all the way in her mouth (shes 8 months) so she doesnt have one anymore but i really only gave it to her before she fell asleep because it helped...like a security thing but not because she was crying...
    The suckling action creates a safety feeling in most kids. I know I've read about it. I certainly don't think children should use one much past the age at which they are weaned.

Maybe the parents are giving in because the older one is jealous of the baby. Like the bottle thing that happens sometimes, you know?

Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  8. Senior Member
    its true it there could be a million reasons lol it just looked and seemed really silly to me

9. Senior Member
    That's nuts!
  10. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    its true it there could be a million reasons lol it just looked and seemed really silly to me
    I agree--totally

Did you have a good time? nice being with family?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast