Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraceptives in school...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Contraceptives in school...

Advertisements
    This has probably already been done, but comments in another thread got me wondering how you guys feel...

Should schools be giving out bc of any kind?

Condoms, pills, etc?

Why or why not?

What would make you change your mind?

Do you have another solution?
  2. Senior Member
    I think condoms are a great idea!! Pills I am a little more apprehensive about because it is a medication, and that seems like something that someone more qualified should be overseeing. I think information about Planned Parenthood and making kids aware that you can go there and be seen confidentially for birth control (as well as the many other services they offer) would be a good idea too. IMO, more education in general is needed.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I think it would be awesome if condoms were available at schools. I don't think BC pills because obviously they would need to talk to a doctor first...it isn't for everyone....plus it isn't like they could be doing paps in the school clinic.

I'm sure a lot of conservative people wouldn't be a fan of it being offered at the school though so a good alternative is having a health department or planned parenthood closer to the school to make it easier for the students to get to....
  4. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Should schools be giving out bc of any kind?
    NO! They SHOULD though be teaching Sex Education and not abstinence.

Condoms, pills, etc?
    Condoms would be great, but why is it the governments (essentially the gov't because of funding) and tax payers responsibility to pay for birth control for teens??? Planned Parenthood could help provide things like that.

Why or why not?
    Parents should be held responsible for ensuring their children get the proper medical care and advice they need to be healthy. I think requiring the parents and their children to attend some sort of sex education class or assembly would be a better way for the schools to spend the money... education is priceless... a condom is $1 wasted when the kid just puts it in their bag and then when they are wasted and having sex and forget about it don't use it anyway.

What would make you change your mind?
    I'm not sure much would change my mind. Parents are more and more rapidly turning their children over to society to raise and that's where our problem stands.

Do you have another solution?
    What I mentioned above. More concentration on education! Put your money where you mouth is essentially!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Anything that doesn't require a prescription is okay with me, but I don't think pills should be prescribed through the school.

I do however, think that girls 13 and over should be able to see their docs and be prescribe BC without parental consent. Additionally, all medical info about the girls should be restricted so that it cannot be viewed by the parents.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ok, I'll chime in now...

I think condoms should be available everywhere-including schools. I honestly think they should be produced by the government and free of charge-baskets of them just sitting everywhere. On the subway, in the theatres, in the schools, post office, everywhere.

I think school nurses should be able to write a confidential referral for girls to see a doctor without parental consent. If the girl is conscientious enough to see the nurse about contraception before having sex, why deny it to her because dear old mom doesn't think she's old enough? That just screams unwanted babies, to me.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have no problems with condoms being avail in schools. But anything that need a perscription that should be coming from a dr, not the school.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Ok, I'll chime in now...

I think condoms should be available everywhere-including schools. I honestly think they should be produced by the government and free of charge-baskets of them just sitting everywhere. On the subway, in the theatres, in the schools, post office, everywhere.

I think school nurses should be able to write a confidential referral for girls to see a doctor without parental consent. If the girl is conscientious enough to see the nurse about contraception before having sex, why deny it to her because dear old mom doesn't think she's old enough? That just screams unwanted babies, to me.

I agree with you. Especially about the whole condom thing. I applaud businesses who always have them available in the bathrooms and such.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think condoms should be available to anyone who wants them, whether that's a 14 year old girl or a 35 year old man who cares give em a condom it's better then unwanted babies.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Ok, I'll chime in now...

Uh... Loretta for President?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast