Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you think that most Americans still think that Muslim=Terrorist?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 17.74%
  • No

5 8.06%
  • Not most but a lot....

43 69.35%
  • Other...?

3 4.84%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O A letter written by an Angry America...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation S/O A letter written by an Angry America...

Advertisements
    http://forum.militarysos.com/showthread.php?t=182716

I understand that people were angry and are angry
    But why blame an entire religion for the actions of a few?
    I was actually really upset by that post...

Your opinion...
    Sooo....
    My question is do you think most Americans still think Islam =Terrorist?
    also,
    Do you feel this is a fair assumption?
    And if it's not how do we change this?
    Can it be changed?
    [/URL]
    You're My Wife Select. You've been approved for the position you just have to go through the ceremony
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I think that is a really hard question to answer.I lived in downtown Seattle for 5 years and recently moved to Tacoma where Ft. Lewis is and the differences in perspective are astonishing.

I would hope that people are intelligent enough to realize that Islam does not equal terrorism. Fear takes hold of people and they will cling to that to explain traumatic events. I mean it happened to Germans during World War I and II, Japanese, and of course African Americans.

People want someone to blame. It's just sad that some don't take the opportunity to educate themselves rather than point the finger.
  3. JoRose83
    I think that most americans have this perception. I feel that it is the smae with mose racist comments and feelings!!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I honestly believed that people did not think that way. How could they? That is intolerant and completely asinine. But now I realize they do, and it not only floors me, but pisses me off and makes me sad for our entire nation. Do these people NOT realize that THEY are the ones making the rest of the world laugh at us and hate and pity us all at the same time? I guess if they did, they wouldn't care cause that would mean taking into consideration the opinions of people they don't respect. Frustrating and nauseating.
  5. I piss excellence!!!!
    I piss excellence!!!!
    I wouldn't say most American's feel that way but a lot do. It might make me sound ignorant but its hard to not feel that way. Its just that all the terrorist talk about is their religion and they blame (or justify) all of their actions on their religion. Does that make any sense to anyone?
    Lvin my wifey INDPNDNTwomn05 FOREVER
  6. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopal View Post
    I wouldn't say most American's feel that way but a lot do. It might make me sound ignorant but its hard to not feel that way. Its just that all the terrorist talk about is their religion and they blame (or justify) all of their actions on their religion. Does that make any sense to anyone?
    People fail to recognize that EVERY religion has had a past with violence.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I don't know that I would say "most", but enough do to make me very very sad.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopal View Post
    So let not blame just Islam
    Christians have not been the best over the years either...
    Crusades??? KKK???
    All justified by religion and Faith in Jesus Christ
    [/URL]
    You're My Wife Select. You've been approved for the position you just have to go through the ceremony
  9. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    I guess those same people who think all Muslims are terrorists and evil forget what their own religion has done. Crusades? Inquisition? Witch hunts? Nearly destroying ENTIRE civilizations because they refused to convert to christianity?

Most Muslims want what most Christians/Buddhists/Jews/etc. want...they want to be left alone. You have the fanatics in every religion that take things WAY TOO FAR but the majority really just want to live their lives in the best way they can.

The actions of 20 people...or even just one person...shouldn't make the world go crazy and yet it happens. How? Why? If we're all such intelligent people then why do so many feed into the insanity? It's because we're fed a "herd mentality" from a young age. Don't speak out. Don't be "different." Just go with the crowd. Don't make a fuss. Listen to what [insert name here] tells you because he/they KNOW BETTER.

Want to know what I say to that? Fuck that noise. No one knows how to live my life better than I do. No one knows me better than I do and yet we're fed this line that someone else always knows better than we do whether it's your preacher, a televangelist, even our government.

So we continue the raging typhoon of insanity this world has become. We're a world of "right-fighters" instead of a world full of tolerance and acceptance and that makes me sad.
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  10. I piss excellence!!!!
    I piss excellence!!!!
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I have those feelings towards Muslim people. I was just trying to say why I think some Americans feel the way they do. There are bad seeds in every religion...
    Lvin my wifey INDPNDNTwomn05 FOREVER
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast