Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Those who oppose domestic oil exploration/drilling

1. Banned
    Banned

Those who oppose domestic oil exploration/drilling

Advertisements
    For those that are opposed to exploration/drilling of the oil reserves within the US - at what point, if any, would you chage your "vote" on the matter? Is there a point where the cost (financial and environmental) would be worth the benefit?
  2. JoRose83
    I think that the only place we should not drill for oil is AK....it is the next frountier and is so beautiful, and I think that could really do some damage. I know it is silly, and I cant put any better reasoning behind it, but that is how I feel.....
  3. Banned
    Banned
    What we need to do is stop relying so much on oil. There are so many other options, it's ridiculous.
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I'm from AK and you don't realize how terrible it is until you actually see the pipe lines. It completely destroys how beautiful it is.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    What we need to do is stop relying so much on oil. There are so many other options, it's ridiculous.
    Totally agree. We need to find something else.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    I would not be oaky with it. I am loving the gas prices, I think it will be the only thing that motivates people to push for alternatives. I have know this for years and it now seems like other people are catching up to me! I hope they go higher, I have already structured my life so that the price doesn't affect me much.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    I agree drilling in our nature preserve areas (such as yellowstone) will only be a very short term answer to a truly long term problem. There is nothing that will change my vote. Although I am following my Mom's lead and am boycotting Saudi oil. (she goes to this website and finds out who's got what oil and then lets me know)