Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S/O of the airline front of the line article

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

S/O of the airline front of the line article

Advertisements
    Do you agree with amusement parks offering front of the line passes?

I guess Im old fashioned and believe that if you want to go on something you should wait in line like everyone else instead of trying to get ahead of the line.

And to me it doesn't matter if you have kids or not. I stand in lines with my kids so what makes someone so special just because they have children that they NEED to get to the front of the line faster then the next person.

2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I think if people honestly want to blow extra money to get head of line privileges, more power to them. I on the other hand am cheap and refuse to do so. People got heated when we were at Legoland last month and someone had special passes..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post

I guess Im old fashioned and believe that if you want to go on something you should wait in line like everyone else instead of trying to get ahead of the line.

And to me it doesn't matter if you have kids or not. I stand in lines with my kids so what makes someone so special just because they have children that they NEED to get to the front of the line faster then the next person.
    We were just at Disneyland and it was so annoying when people would get to go in front of the line when we had been waiting with a 3 yr old for 45 minutes.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    at amusement parks absolutely not
  5. Senior Member
    IMO, it's a free country, and a capitalist one at that... if you have the extra money, and or connections, and you can or want to... go for it. I've done the fast pass things a few times... I think they are convenient... but you sometimes still have a line.

Long lines are a byproduct of the very existence of popular amusement parks. The option exists to sometimes have less wait time. (or even to go at a less busier time of year) But, if you choose not to take it, or can't for some reason it doesn't make it "unfair" if I can and do. KWIM?

I get irked when people get special treatment for no reason...or more than that, abuse the privilege but, even that's not my business, and I just go on with what I am doing and try to be patient.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i am one of those people that get the "special privaledge " of going to the head of the line at amusement parks.

i do not pay for mine though like some others have to, i have degenerative joint disease and cannot stand for the length of time that others can so i go to the front of the line ONLY when i know it is too long for me to stand in like everyone else. i do this because i want to enjoy some of the rides just like everyone else and if i am in constant pain from standing then i am not enjoying myself.

for those that pay for that i see it as there loss, i know personally i have enjoyed the few conversations that i have had in line and enjoyed spending those extra few minutes in line with my children.

sometimes i think people are in such a hurry to do everything that they easily miss out on what most people take for granted, including fun.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  7. Married to my hero!
    Married to my hero!
    I don't see anything wrong with it! I mean i don't buy the special passes or anything but i remember being younger and getting them free because my dad is a firefighter and they were honoring them... many times i just luck out though and there arnt lines because of the day or time of year.... if you plan your trips right you wont have such bad lines!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    You get what you pay for - why shouldn't the "upgrade" be availabe for those who want to pay for it? If it bothers me that badly I guess I need to fork out the extra $$$ for that same priviledge (but I don't care).
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by proudnvywife01 View Post
    We were just at Disneyland and it was so annoying when people would get to go in front of the line when we had been waiting with a 3 yr old for 45 minutes.
    At Disney the fast passes are FREE what they are is a machine and you go and get a printed ticket it states a certain TIME that you have to go to the ride by to get head of the line. Other parks you pay for a fast pass. We used the ones at Disney Land because HEY they were free and why not KWIM? We didn't buy the fast passes at six flags because we didn't have the money but I would if we had the money again if it is there why not?
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post

especially if you have a family with small children. One parent can ride, while the other parent watches the kiddies or takes them on a different ride...

I LOVE fast passes!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast