Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: since we discussed jon and kate let's discuss the...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

since we discussed jon and kate let's discuss the...

Advertisements
    duggars!!!! what do you think about them? how many kids they have? etc

Have at it
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ok!!

a) I have a hard time believing that they are like that off camera
    b) I disagree with the buddy system and the constant TTC
    c) It's too bad for the young ones that their mother is going to die in childbirth
    d) They appear to work, and good for them, but I'm still irked.

3. X
    X
    I don't agree with Gothardism at all. I feel sorry for their children.
  4. Senior Member
    Not touching this one too much, since we talked about them at length when they announced 18... and some of the opinions on here were downright mean, and judgmental.

But, I will say that I enjoy their shows, and have a lot of respect for them, how they handle those kids, and how they married young but worked and continue to work to have a debt free and comfortable lifestyle while giving their kids experiences.

I would hope that regardless of the number of kids I end up with, I would be lucky enough to have kids that get along that well, and respect me, and WANT to help, or realize at least on some level that is expected of them... even if I don't agree with every viewpoint they live by or teach their children.

Large family dynamics are, in my experience so much more intricate and so different than those of a smaller family. (my grandmother was one of 10, my grandfather one of 12 or more, so I'm using their frame of reference and past input from other family members.)
  5. Senior Member
    I feel bad for the older kids who have to raise the smaller ones. It really isn't fair to them
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  6. Senior Member
    I think this debate has been done way too many times and it always get ugly.
  7. Patiently waiting....
    Patiently waiting....
    They seem to handle them really well and they are not in debt. If they can handle it why not?
  8. Senior Member
    I think they are a neat family. I don't want that many children but that's me. A family from our hometown had 15 kids. Some were older than my parents, 1 (Robert) was the same age as DH and me and 2 were younger than us. They were the most loving family I've every known. They are all still close and fun to be around.
  9. Senior Member
    It's amazing that they are debt free. So they're doing something right. At the same time, I never see the parents giving the children affection. I'm sure they do at some point...But there was an episode where they went cross country or something, a long road trip. And it was just kind of sad to see how much like a school field trip it was. There was the whole buddy system (which I suppose you have to do with that many kids...) But the older children raise the younger ones...I always think of that song "Let them be little" especially the part of the song that says "Let them sleep in the middle..." I don't know, I just think the kids COULDN'T have much of a relationship with the parents... But then again, all we see is what the editors thought was the best. So who knows?
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  10. X
    X
    I think the problem is that many people don't know of their teachings etc and they just go by what they see on TV/read on the web and think "Aww they're great!"

I'm wondering if the people that think they are so great think that blanket training is a good way to "train" an infant as well?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast