Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Is it a fair trade off that guys have to shave and women have periods?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely equal.

2 1.79%
  • Not even close to a fair trade.

107 95.54%
  • Other?

3 2.68%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Equality of Sexes and... Shaving?!

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Wow Equality of Sexes and... Shaving?!

Advertisements
    Okay, that's it. I'm taking a poll. And I hope the few guys in here (or any of ya'ladies' DH's) will respond.

I will preface this. My dad is NOT a chauvanistic person by nature. He's one of those guys who has chocolate and a hot water bottle ready and is totally understanding. He's just a nice, funny guy. But, for some reason, he has this theory:

That men shaving their faces every day is equivalent to women having a period.

What do you ladies (and gents) think?

I posed this question to DB. Pointing out that if guys "have" to shave their faces than women "have" to shave our legs, underarms, and bikini lines. I honestly figured the answer was a no-brainer. But, apparently it isn't. They seem to think that 30 days of shaving equals 7 days of a period. WTF? Every woman that's ever heard this "theory" of my dad's has had to refrain from punching him in the face. But, maybe it's just us. Maybe it really is equal.

Now, I'm not arguing that women have it worse than men overall or anything. I'm not even posing that question. I'm just saying, considering the factor of men having to shave and women having a period, do those two factors balance out?

So, have at it... just... uh... WAIT FOR THE POLL!
  2. Senior Member
    i dont know if its equal but it is pretty horrible my ex had real issues with shaving every day

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    What's his frame of reference? Time and effort? Inconvenience? Pain and blood loss (he should do a better job, then)? Something you just have to deal with?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    that makes no sense whatsoever. they are shaving hair off their face, not exsponging a dead egg and lineing of a uterus. they don't have cramps and it only takes at most 15 mins. that is just redunkulous!
  5. Del
    I think the going argument is time. That they shave every day and we only bleed for a week out of the month, and so it all balances off 'cos the face is sensitive and you're "scraping a razor across it" every day?
  6. Del
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    that makes no sense whatsoever. they are shaving hair off their face, not exsponging a dead egg and lineing of a uterus. they don't have cramps and it only takes at most 15 mins. that is just redunkulous!
    That was pretty much my point. And.... uh... we have to shave too!
  7. Senior Member
    theres no way to prove this unless someone out there has to do both...soooooo yah

8. MoMo
    I dont agree with him at all.
    We have to bleed and it hurts a lot for some ppl.
    They dont really HAVE to shave unless they are in the military and some men dont even grow enough to have to shave everyday.
    Dh only has to shave about once a week, if that.
    Every woman pretty bleeds, I know there are some that have some medical conditions and they dont, but for the most part we all have to.
    We never get a break from it and we have to do things to stop the blood more than once a day.
    They dont have to shave more than once a day and Im sure that they dont cry when they do, like I cried when I first got my period.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    if i could trade shaving an area of my body everyday out of need and having a period, i would choose shaving. that's like saying a mouse drinking tea in china caused a hurricane to hit texas. it makes no sense!
  10. Senior Member
    Not even close, we as women have hair to shave too. And there is more of it!
    Needs work.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast