Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about this???

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

How do you feel about this???

Advertisements
    How do you feel about a leading beer distributor, one that is a huge supporter of the US troops, going foreign??
    http://www.anheuser-busch.com/Press/...dgesinBev.html

http://www.inbev.com/

I heard this on the radio this morning and many people were calling in with their thoughts, several being military, and I wanted to see what your thoughts were.

As far as mine.....I like foreign beers and will buy them, but I do not like that fact that a long time American company is possible being sold to a foreign country. Right now Anheuser-Busch accounts for about 48% of American sales in the beer industry...thats a pretty big number for one company alone considering how many domestic beer companies are out there.

I can see the price of their products going up over this and I can see a change in their theme parks happening also. Hoping that this buy out does not occur
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Personally, I am sort of hoping it does happen, because all the smaller brewers will finally have a shot to get in the game.

On a larger scale, this will cost a ton of people their jobs.

I could care less about the price of their beer, I don't drink theirs anyway, but it always sucks to see such a major american company go overseas.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Personally, I am sort of hoping it does happen, because all the smaller brewers will finally have a shot to get in the game.

I could care less about the price of their beer, I don't drink theirs anyway, but it always sucks to see such a major american company go overseas.

I don't buy their beers either(Sam Adams girl here ), but it is one of the more affordable beers for those that can't afford the ones by smaller brewers...kwim.

I think Am. micro brews do very well for themselves....I tend to buy them more myself.

I just see what A-B has done as far as community service...supplying bottle water in disaster areas as well as other things, and hate that this could possibly stop. And your right about the jobs...the job market is just so bleak for so many right now
  4. Corysgrl02
    DH very seldom drinks beer, and I can't stand it (no matter where it comes from or who owns the company) but I do feel like the "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" theory applies here.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    My understanding from last night's news is that A-B turned the offer down (or will turn it down).

But reading the article, I noticed this: Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 48.5 percent share of U.S. beer sales. The company brews the world’s largest-selling beers, Budweiser and Bud Light. Anheuser-Busch also owns a 50 percent share in Grupo Modelo, Mexico’s leading brewer, and a 27 percent share in China brewer Tsingtao, whose namesake beer brand is the country’s best-selling premium beer.

So, that makes me think that maybe it's 'okay' for an American company to own large portions of non-American corporations, but not the other way around? That's not right. I wonder how those countries feel about an American corporation holding the lion's share of their profits?
  6. Senior Member
    I don't drink so it would not bother me...but I can't see AB really taking this offer.
  7. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Beer companies, in history, are often the first and main companies to break through the "country" gaps.

Imports, exports, shared production and mingling is THE beer history.

I have no problem with them doing whatever they want - beer is not in my favor lately, anyway.
  8. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    There goes our free day at Busch Gardens!

Anyway, I hope it doesn't go through.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I feel for the many that may be put out of jobs if this sale happens, I don't drink their beer BUT it is an American company and it is sad that it will be sold off.
  10. Lindsey.
    Lindsey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post

There AreNo Words
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast