Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S/O Death Penalty

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

S/O Death Penalty

Advertisements
    Sorry for the typos but I didn't much sleep last night about this one....

Do you think that someone that abuses a child and/or kills a child should get the death penilty?

My mom told me a story that was in the news about a 3 year old boy in foster care that was sexually abused so much and beaten that they killed him.

I haven't slept all night because I look at my 3 year old and wonder how someone could do it. And they probly will only get 15 years in jail.

Kinda a vent but a debate at the same time.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    There is no punishment strong enough for someone who hurts children. We just can't do enough to them, in my opinion.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

No, I am anti-death penalty. I prefer not to stoop to the level of people who hurt others intentionally.
  4. Senior Member
    If jail was harsher I would say let them rot in jail, death is too easy of a way out.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For cases like that I think it is better to let them sit in prison. You know how other prisoners sometimes "take care" of child molestors? Let them sit there and live in fear on when and how it may be coming their way. To me that is more of a punishment then killing them.
  6. Senior Member

I've been abused as an infant... My older sisters were sexually molested...

So, in the context of this actually happening to me, I say, no I do not want someone to become a murderer for my sake. Even if the abuser goes to trial and is handed a death sentence, it makes the judge, jury, and executioners all party to murder, and I do not want that guilt placed on anybody.

It is far better for them to suffer a life in prison than to die... Even if I believed in heaven and hell, and I had malice towards that person, wishing them to hell, I would have to believe that the afterlife is eternal, so not one extra second on earth would take away from an eternal torture, because that is the nature of eternity. Better to give them a chance to repent and grow to be a better person, than to be the one responsible for driving them into eternal torment.
    /* no comment */
  7. Senior Member
    why give them sorry piece of crap a easy way out.. im sure some people in jail dont take kindly on sexual predators. make them suffer
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    For cases like that I think it is better to let them sit in prison. You know how other prisoners sometimes "take care" of child molestors? Let them sit there and live in fear on when and how it may be coming their way. To me that is more of a punishment then killing them.
    Needs work.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OT, but Ghedi, your signature says "Capital punishment isn't for making examples, it's for making bad people dead." Ironic? lol

ON topic, I agree with Adam (Ghedi) actually. I respect your opinion, considering where you've been in regards to this, and I admire you for not turning around and spewing hatred into the world.
  10. andrews_wifey
    I'm on the fence...I say cut off their penis or sexual organs. But I'm a cold-hearted person when it comes to things like this...

Logically though- them "rotting" in jail.. IF jail was harsh like it SHOULD be.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast