Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do apologies have an expiration date?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 7.04%
  • No

58 81.69%
  • Other

8 11.27%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do apologies have an expiration date?

1. Senior Member

Do apologies have an expiration date?

Advertisements
    I got the most random email ever from an ex that I dated ages ago the other day apologizing for the way he treated me.

So my question for you is whether or not you think apologies have an expiration date? Better late than never? Or should there be a time frame in which you would accept one from someone who has done you wrong?

Just curious. I didn't respond to said ex because well I'm over it but anyways debate away ladies.
  2. MoMo
    I think that if its been years after the fact it has already expired.

It will always make u feel better when someone apologizes to u for something they did, but I dont think it means the same since they had to wait such a long time.
  3. Senior Member
    For me, it depends on the person and the situation.

I stopped talking to a good friend for about 10 months. I apologized a few days ago for my part in it and she did the same. And now we are speaking again.

I think it really just depends how bad it was kwim?
  4. Senior Member
    no i dont think they have an expiration date. as long as it comes from the heart and sincere, i dont care how long it takes.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    no i dont think they have an expiration date. as long as it comes from the heart and sincere, i dont care how long it takes.
    I agree with you.

Earn extra cash here or here or here!
  6. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Honestly, no I don't think that they do. BUT if it was a point where it was an abusive relationship than I would say that if you were apologizing that it would be out of line but if it was just a break up because of differences than my view is that everyone matures and experiences things at a different rate. He may have just realized his actions and how they impacted you because something similar may have happened to him.

I would never respond to a letter like that but there are a lot of times that I would love to know that my ex's realized that they hurt me.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  7. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    No. If someone wants to apologize years and years later, it might not change how I feel about a situation, but it sure would be nice.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think there are any expiration dates on apologies. I also don't think you have to respond to something that has been so long. Sometimes the apology is more for the apologizer than the person who has been wronged. KWIM? If you are over it, just smile and let it go IMO.
  9. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    I don't think they have an expiration date. Like was already posted, as long as it's sincere I don't care when it comes as long as it does.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Honestly, no I don't think that they do. BUT if it was a point where it was an abusive relationship than I would say that if you were apologizing that it would be out of line but if it was just a break up because of differences than my view is that everyone matures and experiences things at a different rate. He may have just realized his actions and how they impacted you because something similar may have happened to him.

I would never respond to a letter like that but there are a lot of times that I would love to know that my ex's realized that they hurt me.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. It was nice to know how he was feeling about everything that happened, there was no abuse or anything like that. It was def. the whole growing up part that needed to happen. But it's just been such a very long time. I felt like it didn't need a response because I feel like the past is better in the past for us.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast