Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you think drunk drivers who kill someone deserve the death penatly?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 18.69%
  • no

69 64.49%
  • other

18 16.82%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Death penalty

1. Senior Member

Advertisements
    I voted other.
    For the most part I say no but if it was a repeat DUI offender, say someone who has been busted already for a DUI/DWI and then ends up killing someone then yes it should be on the table because they didn't learn a damn thing from just getting caught. Does that make sense?
  2. Senior Member
    Death penalty is always wrong!
    Who kills a murderer isnt any better than the murderer...
    Last edited by dandelion; 06-14-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    Carpe noctem!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Katheros View Post
    I don't think so either. I think the death penalty should be reserved for more heinous crimes, premeditated, multiple murders, rapes, etc. Like others said, I would hope that the guilt would be enough punishment for those people.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amberly177 View Post
    There is no way that would be premediated murder unless they intentionally selected their victim. Making poor choices is manslaughter not first degree murder. They should be put in jail not murdered and never allowed to get behind the wheel of a car again.
    We'll have to agree to disagree
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    But do you really think it is fair for the rest of society to have to support them while they have this 'hard life'? There are people who purposely get caught committing crimes so they can get into jail & have a roof over their head & food on their plate. If someone is beyond rehabilitation into society I just don't see the point in me supporting them
    Absolutely agree

I'm all for taking all the luxury out of prison. Even supporting inmates for longer, we'd save money. Lots of it.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katheros View Post
    I don't think so either. I think the death penalty should be reserved for more heinous crimes, premeditated, multiple murders, rapes, etc. Like others said, I would hope that the guilt would be enough punishment for those people.
    , but I was watching Oprah the other day and they had a story about a limo that was hit head on from a drunk driver. There was a family who was in the limo, and the driver. Two people died and everyone else got injured. The driver and one of their children were the ones who died. The sad part about it is the mom found the little girls head severed from her body and that is how she knew she was dead.

Not only did the drunk driver not have any jail time and it was not his first DUI. In this case I think he should get the death penalty. He has not changed, and now he has taken two lives. How many more lives does he need to take before people will take action?
    :

7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree

Okay I am not trying to change your mind but just so you are aware...

The definition of premeditated is..

To plan, arrange, or plot (a crime, for example) in advance.

Therefore using that word is incorrect. You are welcome to your opinion that they should be put to death but saying that was their plan when they got behind the wheel is a little ludicrous.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567