Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think of your animals

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Do you think of your animals

Advertisements
    as part of your family?

If you are against vax for your children are you against them for your animals, eventhough rabies is a law which is punishable by a fine?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Senior Member
    Yes, my animals are a part of my family, and IMO, anyone who thinks they don't have a soul or have a lesser soul than we do as humans is sorely mistaken.

However, in terms of vaccinations for animals, I am not against them. It's IMO a totally different thing on a number of levels. But, I would not vax my animals blindly either.

For my kids though when they come along, I am not against them either, except to say, the number and kinds "recommended" these days is quite a few more than when I was born. And some of them, IMO from a medical perspective are unnecessary, and still rather new, either altogether, or in a varied formulation... and so much is unknown as to whether vax'ing plays a role in many sorts of disorders. Why take the chance.

That being said, I am not anti-vax.. but with my human babies I will be selective, and delaying until their immune system is mature.

Not everything the doctor says is written in stone, unfortunately, and that goes for MD's DO's or DVM's.
  3. Senior Member
    my dog is part of the family cause i feed her and well we supply everything for her. i agree on vax.

now we dont think of her as another child (human) cause she isnt she is a dog and we treat her like a dog.
  4. AirForce Girl
    YES my pups are my kids! And I think they should be caught up on there shots...they need to be healthy too!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    sadie is definitely a part of our family. she's our baby girl and as for vaxing, sadie got all of hers, on time, and we will do the same with our kids, if we have any.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yes, and no.

Animals have not been shown to have nearly the occurences of adverse reactions as humans. They receive fewer vaccines and only a few are mandatory. If I ever saw a verifiable study that shows how vaccines could endanger my pet's ability to lead a normal life, I wouldn't vax her, either. For now, I do.
  7. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Yes my dog, cats and horses are members of the family... and all get vaccinated. Some vaccines I choose not to have but that is my personal preference.

ETA: the vaccines I choose not to have mainly have to do with the horses.
  8. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Yes!! All our animals are part of our family....even our fish (they all have names)!!!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    She is, but as much as they love her I could honestly live my entire life without another pet. It's not that I don't like animals I just really don't want to deal with all the fuss. She gets all her vaccinations and is groomed monthly and is treated well.....but she's definitely not on the same level as my kids.

I also did selectively vaccinate my youngest......and if I had to do it again I'd probably look around for a pediatrician that allows me to break up the vaccines further. I don't take my kids to the base....I just don't feel that the peds on our base are really that good. I really feel like my kids are a number there and I didn't want that for them. I wanted to have a ped that knew them and who they are......not that they are just some kid on the base.....
  10. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Yes, and no.

Animals have not been shown to have nearly the occurences of adverse reactions as humans. They receive fewer vaccines and only a few are mandatory. If I ever saw a verifiable study that shows how vaccines could endanger my pet's ability to lead a normal life, I wouldn't vax her, either. For now, I do.
    Agree!!!

I have seen too many sad incidents when animals/pets weren't vaccinated in the field I work in to know the importance of those vaccines.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast