Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the war: possible sensitive debate

1. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

Question the war: possible sensitive debate

Advertisements
    the debate question is:

do you feel safer because of the war in iraq?

forgive me if i duck out. i'm not avoiding the debate, i'm at work. so i'll try to pop in throughout the afternoon. but i am genuinly curious about how everyone feels. i am not asking if the war is right or wrong, but just if it makes you feel safer. do you think there are less attacks simply because we're at war? or, flipped, would there have been more attacks if we didn't go to war?
  2. Senior Member
    thats a tough one
    i dont really know how to explain that one
    as a country i have no idea sometimes i do but then sometimes i think we are just opening ourselves up to attacks from other countries while everyone is so focused on Iraq...but who knows
    but i fear for DBs safety every moment of every day...soi really dont have a clue ill have to think on it some mroe i guess...

3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    well, trying to clarify, i know that many of our loved ones may be in combat zones, but i'm not referencing them. i'm wondering if you, in your home in America doing everyday things, feel safer to do those things.
  4. Senior Member
    No, I think we are making a breeding ground for new haters of the US. These operations take years, these kids take a few years to grow up, I think we have yet to see the ramifications of this war on US soil.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, I totally still fear for my safety: I'm in the Army. Granted I only have about 9 months to go, I could still be deployed and stop lossed.
  6. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    No, if anything I feel less safe. The way the war has been mishandled has given more credibility to those who wish to make the impressionable hate us. It has added more fuel to the fire so to speak.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    do you feel safer because of the war in iraq? No. I don't feel more safe or less safe than before.

do you think there are less attacks simply because we're at war? No

or, flipped, would there have been more attacks if we didn't go to war? No
  8. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    wow, i'm surprised at the responses. i thought it might be heavier on the "yes the war is making the usa a safer place by keeping the enemy at bay" kind of answers.

i agree. i don't think we're any safer. the only proverbial quesiton i still have is: had we not gone to war after 911, would there have been more terroristic attacks? would we have been seen as an easy target? hmm.
  9. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    I feel less safe.

I think that the war has brought forth many new enemies or awoken sleeping enemies.
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  10. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    No, I think we are making a breeding ground for new haters of the US. These operations take years, these kids take a few years to grow up, I think we have yet to see the ramifications of this war on US soil.
    I agree with that. We can't comprehend their ability to hold a grudge, or at least, I can't.

That being said, I do think this world is a better place without Hussein in it.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast