Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O Spanking...What about Slapping?

1. Senior Member

Question S/O Spanking...What about Slapping?

Advertisements
    Is it okay to slap your child(ETA: OLDER child )? This would mainly be due to words that come out of their mouth or total disrespect based on a look they are giving you. I definately don't think it should be used on younger ones, but I will be honest and say that I have slapped DD(not hard) due to continuing disrespect coming from the look on her face that should NEVER be given to a parent, much less repeatedly. I know many of us have been slapped for back talk, so what do you think of it?
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Never in a million years could I justify slapping my child in the face. I've slapped her hand before, but never her face. Especially not just for a look that I disapproved of. I'm sure my kids will give me "looks" until they're 50
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My mom slapped me ...probably several times a day. It sucked, but was pie compared to other punishments she administered.
    All I know is, CPS used it as another strike against her when all of us were removed from the home.

So, even if I did think it was ok(which I don't) I wouldn't, because I don't want to give anyone a reason to take my kids.

I agree with Becca, though-I have and will slap Liam on the hand or wrist if he's doing something(pulling the dog's ears, reaching for a hot pan)that could cause harm and he isn't listening to me tell him to stop. Slapping on the hand is effective IMO for little kids only, though, so that will stop soon. He's getting much better at listening.
  4. Senior Member
    NOOOOO i would never slap my child...... well if he is older like 18 or so and syas something harsh to me then i would probably smack him or i would just let my hubs after him.... but him being young no way.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    i haven't slapped unless you count the one time DS#1 bit me on the tit while i was pregnant. I think for a bad word or spitting maybe "tapping"on the mouth, not hard, but enough for them to know that is a no no. But i do spank for some things, like blantent disobedience.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife85 View Post
    NOOOOO i would never slap my child...... well if he is older like 18 or so and syas something harsh to me then i would probably smack him or i would just let my hubs after him.... but him being young no way.
    Hopefully you won't have to even deal with it with a boy...from other parents I know, it's mainly the girls with the attitudes
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Navywife85 View Post
    Good point. If my kid is over the age of 18 and being a little twirp, I might.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    i haven't slapped unless you count the one time DS#1 bit me on the tit while i was pregnant. I think for a bad word or spitting maybe "tapping"on the mouth, not hard, but enough for them to know that is a no no. But i do spank for some things, like blantent disobedience.
    That's basically what I did...but I couldn't think of the word. It was enough to get her attention. She is a little old to be spanked though IMO, so that won't ever happen.
  9. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    A child no but maybe a teenager . I don't think my mother ever slapped me but I did get popped in the mouth a few times when I was a teenager. I'd never slap my young children on the face, the hands occasionally.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Never in a million years could I justify slapping my child in the face. I've slapped her hand before, but never her face. Especially not just for a look that I disapproved of. I'm sure my kids will give me "looks" until they're 50
    I have to ask then...What would you do in the case of her give you looks like you should just shrivel and die or something because you're trying to tell her the importance of acknowledging someone when they speak to them? Or trying to get her to feed the dog...or take a shower...

Seriously though...what would you recommend because I haven't found the answer to get rid of the looks, and I don't tolerate being disrespectful.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast