Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes someone become racist?

1. Queen Carly Jean

What makes someone become racist?

Advertisements
    I was over reading stormfront.org (Dont go unless you want to be banging head against keyboard allnite) And some of the things that people say over there and on other white and black nationalist boards I read make me feel sick. I just cant help but wonder what made someone so full of hate?

What do you think why do people become racist?
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Upbrings...
  3. Senior Member

4. Queen Carly Jean
    I guess thats part of it but then I always think of those examples of someone who was raised but like KKK members but thinks tottally opposite of what thier parents think. I just cant get my head around the whole thing
  5. Senior Member
    50% the way people are raised. 50% comes from their peers/where they are raised. IMO!

I think the rare find...when a person comes from a very open family and ends up racist beyond belief...those people usually either have some type of mental issue, are easily influenced [peer(s)] or have had something happen to them and went with it.
  6. Senior Member
    I better not go to the site. I cannot stand it in any form.
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    A lot of it is just ignorance. Most people who hate Jews and believe the jewish stereotype have never really hung out with people they knew were jewish. Same with blacks, etc. People are generally scared of what they don't know.
    Also they have no one to blame for something that happened, so they blame a group.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

closed minds
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Idiocy, closed minds, bad upbringing, ignorance and good ol stupidity should cover all the bases!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    A lot of it is just ignorance. Most people who hate Jews and believe the jewish stereotype have never really hung out with people they knew were jewish. Same with blacks, etc. People are generally scared of what they don't know.
    Also they have no one to blame for something that happened, so they blame a group.
    i agree
    my family is mostly racist...my grandma comes from a country where the stereotype is mostly everyone is blonde hair and blue eyes my gpa is from a small town with very little diversity if any and both my parents were brought up with racism in their families and developed their own thoughts but still lean towards being racits. my sister and i (my brother is 13 and i dont think cares yet) are far from being racist. alot of my friends in high school were racist but i think it had to do with our surroundings we never had more then 5 black people at our school or more then 5 asians at our school....but still i formed my own opinionsand am far from the racism i grew up surrounded by...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast