Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: "True Military Wives Confessions" - your role as a military wife

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

"True Military Wives Confessions" - your role as a military wife

Advertisements
    I don't know whether to laugh or get pissed.
    I'll cut and paste: http://truemilitarywivesconfessions....-comb-your.php

If you can't comb your hair, don't leave your house.
    If you can't control your kids inside the store, then take them to the park where they can play outside.
    If your kids are at least three years old and you are still wearing your maternity clothes, loose the weight.
    Fix yourself up and have some pride about yourself. Represent you husband and your family better than you have been. Your life should not be this out of control. And even if it is, it shouldn't be obvious just by looking at you.
    You are running around town looking a HOT MESS and making the other wives look bad. I'm sick of it and you better start pulling yourself together because next time I am going to call you out.
    You are part of the problem. You are part of the reason people think the military is full of dumb asses, and rejects. I'm sick and tired of having to defend you.
    You are the face the public sees most of the time now, and you wont even wash your damn face before you leave the house!
    We are all going through deployments at one time or another so that is not and will never be an excuse. I am not asking you to be a fashion queen or a glamour girl, but I do expect you to be a PROUD MILITARY WIFE!
    I don't care what others think I should do with my hair, body or even my kids.
    But what I'm expected to do for my husband?

Listen - I'm only a military wife because he rejoined the army after we got married. I had no say in it. In fact, I protested but he rejoined anyway. So should I "represent" anyone or anything?
    Nope - that's what's so great about this country. I don't have to if I don't want to.

YOU don't matter that much.
    I don't matter that much.
    WE - the wives - don't matter that much.
    That's like saying that you should be a proud Lawyer's wife or a proud Dr's wife...as if you represent their practice

I take care of the kids and support my husband's decisions in the military and keep the house together when he's deployed.
    I don't owe him anything - and I'm definatly not going to be so full of myself as to think that I actually "represent" the Military to anyone.

I go day to day and the only time people see me as a military hag is when my hubby's with me and in uniform.
    Other than that - I'm just a regular Mom with kids...On and off base.

Oh, and when people think that the military is full of dumbasses and rejects it's because their exposure to the military are the SERVICE men and women who ARE dumbasses and rejects.
    LOL - come on - Stereotypes start somewhere. You either spread them, believe them, fullfill them or go against them.

But get off your highhorse - you're just a person and you don't "represent" anything, Military or otherwise.
  2. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    If you can't comb your hair, don't leave your house.
    If you can't control your kids inside the store, then take them to the park where they can play outside.
    If your kids are at least three years old and you are still wearing your maternity clothes, loose the weight.
    Fix yourself up and have some pride about yourself. Represent you husband and your family better than you have been. Your life should not be this out of control. And even if it is, it shouldn't be obvious just by looking at you.
    You are running around town looking a HOT MESS and making the other wives look bad. I'm sick of it and you better start pulling yourself together because next time I am going to call you out.
    You are part of the problem. You are part of the reason people think the military is full of dumb asses, and rejects. I'm sick and tired of having to defend you.
    You are the face the public sees most of the time now, and you wont even wash your damn face before you leave the house!
    We are all going through deployments at one time or another so that is not and will never be an excuse. I am not asking you to be a fashion queen or a glamour girl, but I do expect you to be a PROUD MILITARY WIFE!
    The first part is basically saying you HAVE to be perfect.

And the bolded part got to me too. The wife is not IN the military. So whatever people think isn't because of the spouses, really. Or shouldn't be based on the spouses because they are not the ones that enlisted.

3. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, if people make judgements based on how I am then they're being the dumbass - not anyone else.

I laughed at the kids at the park thing.
    Holy crap - If I take the kids to the park instead of the store then who the hell's going to do the grocery shopping?
    Get over yourself!
  4. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    Yeah, if people make judgements based on how I am then they're being the dumbass - not anyone else.

I laughed at the kids at the park thing.
    Holy crap - If I take the kids to the park instead of the store then who the hell's going to do the grocery shopping?
    Get over yourself!
    I thought the same thing. Sounds like reasonable thinking on her part.
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo2487 View Post
    The first part is basically saying you HAVE to be perfect.

And the bolded part got to me too. The wife is not IN the military. So whatever people think isn't because of the spouses, really. Or shouldn't be based on the spouses because they are not the ones that enlisted.

But it is. One member is a representation of the whole family. And one military family is unfortunately a representation of the whole thing. I mean people think we all make big bucks and get everything handed to us because we work for the govt. It's not true but there's no reason to add the thought that all the AD are fuckups and that their spouses are lazy.

No one's saying be perfect but act like you have some sense in public.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyedbeauty View Post

No one's saying be perfect but act like you have some sense in public.
    That doesn't just go for military spouses, imo.
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    That doesn't just go for military spouses, imo.
    No one said it did but since we're talking about military spouses....
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyedbeauty View Post
    No one said it did but since we're talking about military spouses....

My point was that the entire "confession" should not be directed ONLY at military spouses as though only military spouses are fat lazy slobs. A LOT of spouses are, in any profession.

9. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Guess there will always be stereotypes about everything no matter how hard we try to get rid of them.
  10. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, and, thus, it's just a fact in marriages and in general life (single, divorced and widowed as well) - that men and women turn into fat, lazy slobs.

Nothing job related what so ever about.
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast