Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your relationship with your SO's family like?

1. I'm living my life like it's golden!
    I'm living my life like it's golden!

What's your relationship with your SO's family like?

Advertisements
    I'm curious about the relationship you've with the family of your SO!
    I'm looking forward to the replies from everybody and I later'll write some things about my situation, too!
    Regards and much love!

How's the relationship between you and his family like?
    Do you get along with them well and do you love them or do you just get along with them to keep things peaceful and easy?
    How do they treat you?
    Do they treat you as another family member or do you feel like being a outsider?
    With time've things between you and the family of your SO changed or did they get any better or worse?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've only known DB's family for a little over two months..... but I really, really like them. They're laid-back and down to earth.... and a lot of fun. I look forward to getting to know them better
  3. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I haven't met them ever and we've known each other 10 years. Odd, yes, I know. But it is what it is. I'm actually meeting them this week. I'll let you know how it goes!
  4. andrews_wifey
    How's the relationship between you and his family like?

Well I have never met his mom, and she seems too into herself, so not a great relationship with her. But neither does DH. His dad I HAVE met and is a sweet guy...just with them living so far away its hard to get to know them.

Do you get along with them well and do you love them or do you just get along with them to keep things peaceful and easy?

Of course I love them, just don't know them well.

How do they treat you?

DH mom treats me ok. She's kinda hard to read. Its hard to understand. DH dad treats me like I expect to be treated. Like a Daughter in Law :-)

Do they treat you as another family member or do you feel like being a outsider?
    see above

With time've things between you and the family of your SO changed or did they get any better or worse? this question is a little confusing..I'm slow this morning. Things are still them same since we got married with the exception that I have actually now met DH's dad.
  5. leonurse2107
    I actually am staying with his parents right now. me and Harry have lived together with his parents for pretty much our entire relationship so i have stayed here and been doing a lot of packing while he is away. His parents and I do not see eye to eye on everything but for the most part it works out very well.
  6. ...
    How's the relationship between you and his family like? It's pretty good, granted Df an I have been together 7 months, and engaged 5 of them.

Do you get along with them well and do you love them or do you just get along with them to keep things peaceful and easy? His family is awsome. I love them

How do they treat you? They welcomed me into the family when I went back with Df for Christmas

Do they treat you as another family member or do you feel like being a outsider? His mom asked Df what I liked to drink and eat, she made sure to have tons of food in the house. His dad cooked crab legs our last night because Df an I love them. His aunts and uncles, cusions, grandparents welcomed me to the family too. They gave me Christmas presents, gave me hugs. They really made me feel very welcome. Im really looking forward to going back to Minnesota to see them this summer.

With time've things between you and the family of your SO changed or did they get any better or worse? Df an I haven't been together that long so im not sure how things will be in the future.

At first they thought we were rushing our relationship, but theyve come to accept that were crazy for eachother and will be getting married next year. Our moms seem excited about the thought of grandbabies.
  7. Senior Member
    I've only known DB for less than a year and his family less than that. I love love love his mom. She's fantastic and is already arranging for him and I to have alone time (as long as we use some form of birth control... her words, not mine) when he's on leave. His father, however, I don't have a problem with, but theres a bit of tension there, and his stepfather, maybe I just listen to DB a bit too much, but I really don't care for him at all. His half brother is a sweet kid, and really looks up to DB, so hopefully the he's a good enough rolemodel to him.

His family is super sweet and calls me (well, his mother, not his father... because he gets upset the DB doesn't call him first) to find out how he's doing, what he's been up to, etc. Since the beginning, his family has been gracious toward me, they invited me over for Thanksgiving and New Year's, however, I stayed with my own family... but I've always been treated as one of the family. DB says that his mother is grooming me for a daughter-in-law already.
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

How's the relationship between you and his family like?We get along great for the most part. My younger dsil drives me nuts sometimes, but I think it's because she's spoiled and takes advantage of my inlaws...

Do you get along with them well and do you love them or do you just get along with them to keep things peaceful and easy? I love my inlaws!

How do they treat you?I am a member of the family! MIL calls me just to chat, vent, or when she just misses me. Sometimes she'll call dh cell and ask for me when he answers...

Do they treat you as another family member or do you feel like being a outsider? I am treated like any other member of the family.

With time've things between you and the family of your SO changed or did they get any better or worse? I'd have to say that things have gotten better with time!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I love his grandmother, but would seriously debate peeing on his mom if she were on fire.. she and I are like oil and water to put it nicely. His sister and I get along OK, but I can't stand his bum of a brother..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

10. Senior Member
    i have a great relationship with my inlaws. I love all of them. me and his mom talk on the phone all the time. i go over to their house often. his parents are so nice, and they both keep me laughing. from his brothers to his aunts, cousins, they are all very nice.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast