Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Praying to other gods

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Praying to other gods

Advertisements
    This may sound ridiculous, but I have to throw it out there in case I am not the only one.

Personally, I am not religious. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't know it/his/her name or where it/he/she came from or why.

When I see someone in pain, or a friend is going through something, though...I will pray to whichever god they believe in to ask for them to soothe my friend's heartache.

Does anyone else do this, and does that seem blasphemous since I don't necessarily believe in the god I'm speaking to? I simply believe in the possibility....so I feel that it can't hurt.

Feel free to discuss...or call me a weirdo.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No I dont. I, like you am not religious. I do believe in a higher power but not a "god" persay. I have no idea what the higher power is. Male, female, a being, entity, etc. So I normally dont pray but just think good thoughts or pray to the higher power. But I dont pray to other peoples gods. Because if I dont believe in it I cant really pray to it kwim?
  3. Senior Member
    im religious and dont really beleive in other Gods but one...but i would never look down on someone for beleiving in another God or praying to another one im i guess a non conventional Christian

4. Senior Member
    nope. i pray to one god only.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

You are not a weirdo, I do the same thing.
  6. OneSailorsGirl25
    I think that it is good to believe in some sort of higher power, and I dont' think there is anything wrong with interceding to a god you don't necessarily believe in on a friend's behalf. (does that make sense?) If that god is a good and just god, he/she/it/they will take whatever prayers they recieve. I also believe that a god doesn't always answer, and that doesn't mean that he/she/it/they didn't recieve the prayer.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    This may sound ridiculous, but I have to throw it out there in case I am not the only one.

Personally, I am not religious. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't know it/his/her name or where it/he/she came from or why.

When I see someone in pain, or a friend is going through something, though...I will pray to whichever god they believe in to ask for them to soothe my friend's heartache.

Does anyone else do this, and does that seem blasphemous since I don't necessarily believe in the god I'm speaking to? I simply believe in the possibility....so I feel that it can't hurt.

Feel free to discuss...or call me a weirdo.
    I agree. I believe there is "someone" out there. And I personally think as humans we almost need to beleive that or else our Moral judgement would be nil.

At first I thought this thread was talking about Paegan gods..and I was like "Hey that's sweet!"
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post

At first I thought this thread was talking about Paegan gods..and I was like "Hey that's sweet!"
    I pray to many of them, also.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSailorsGirl25 View Post
    I think that it is good to believe in some sort of higher power, and I dont' think there is anything wrong with interceding to a god you don't necessarily believe in on a friend's behalf. (does that make sense?) If that god is a good and just god, he/she/it/they will take whatever prayers they recieve. I also believe that a god doesn't always answer, and that doesn't mean that he/she/it/they didn't recieve the prayer.
    Makes perfect sense, thank you for validating me in a way.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I pray to many of them, also.

Makes perfect sense, thank you for validating me in a way.
    back.

I personally think that people may have a problem because Westerner's in general are very Monotheistic.

Have you looked at the Shinto religion by any chance? I think that's something you'd be interested in Loretta.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    back.

I personally think that people may have a problem because Westerner's in general are very Monotheistic.

Have you looked at the Shinto religion by any chance? I think that's something you'd be interested in Loretta.
    Yes! Just a little, though. I have the most humongo stack of books I've yet to get to
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast