Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soldiers Did 'Dirty Work' for Chinese Interrogators??????

1. libbydc

Soldiers Did 'Dirty Work' for Chinese Interrogators??????

Advertisements
    You should probably read it first.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4894921&page=1
    I find fault with this article in a big way. I'm reading and reading, and I get to this:
    "The agent stated that he understood that the treatment of the Uighur detainees was either carried out by the Chinese interrogators or was carried out by U.S. personnel at the behest of Chinese interrogators," the report by the Department of Justice inspector general stated.
    I go into question mode, but keep reading thinking it will answer to it, but, as always with these insinuation pieces, it leaves it sitting there lonesome and unacknowledged, but with the caveat of having been acknowledged.
    So I am in open question mode to you. Apparently it is unclear if we or the Chinese were the ones to "soften up" the suspects for questioning or us.
    If then, the implication is not of that... then what did we do wrong? We allowed China to interrogate their own citizens AND THEN determined that they would treat them inhumanely if we returned them so we found an asylum for them. Where is the fault if the fault the article has is in question?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The fault would be if WE tortured Chinese citizens at the request of Chinese officials. Another major fault would be allowing Chinese officials to interrogate detainees AT ALL in GITMO. I find that to be very very unnerving.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by libbydc View Post
    You should probably read it first.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4894921&page=1
    I find fault with this article in a big way. I'm reading and reading, and I get to this:

I go into question mode, but keep reading thinking it will answer to it, but, as always with these insinuation pieces, it leaves it sitting there lonesome and unacknowledged, but with the caveat of having been acknowledged.
    So I am in open question mode to you. Apparently it is unclear if we or the Chinese were the ones to "soften up" the suspects for questioning or us.
    If then, the implication is not of that... then what did we do wrong? We allowed China to interrogate their own citizens AND THEN determined that they would treat them inhumanely if we returned them so we found an asylum for them. Where is the fault if the fault the article has is in question?

Isn't the fault being blamed at the US for how they treated prisoners before the interrogation process?

Or did I miss something?
  4. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    The fault would be if WE tortured Chinese citizens at the request of Chinese officials.
    THat apparently is in question so is undebateable... I would be queasy about it if we did it FOR them, but who knows?
    Another major fault would be allowing Chinese officials to interrogate detainees AT ALL in GITMO. I find that to be very very unnerving.
    This is what I want to know. What is wrong about allowing Chinese officials to assist in the interrogation process with their citizens at Gitmo? When I said I am in question mode it is because I don't understand why that is wrong?
  5. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    Isn't the fault being blamed at the US for how they treated prisoners before the interrogation process?

Or did I miss something?
    No. That is in question. It is possible that it was the Chinese who "softened them up" before questioning. By the way "softening them up" included low room temps, loosing "at least one meal", and being awakened every 15 minutes the night before the interrogation. IDK about you, but I went through ALL this during post partum.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by libbydc View Post
    THat apparently is in question so is undebateable... I would be queasy about it if we did it FOR them, but who knows?

This is what I want to know. What is wrong about allowing Chinese officials to assist in the interrogation process with their citizens at Gitmo? When I said I am in question mode it is because I don't understand why that is wrong?
    For me it is unnerving because I really do not want my government that comfy cozy with China. The Chinese system of government is vile, corrupt,it is bad enough that our government at this time approves of torture BUT to allow officials of a government known for inhumanity to have any sort of dealings in GITMO is just beyond words for me. It feels so wrong and so slimy to me that I can not find intelligent thoughts to type.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    For me it is unnerving because I really do not want my government that comfy cozy with China. The Chinese system of government is vile, corrupt,it is bad enough that our government at this time approves of torture BUT to allow officials of a government known for inhumanity to have any sort of dealings in GITMO is just beyond words for me. It feels so wrong and so slimy to me that I can not find intelligent thoughts to type.
  8. libbydc
    I think I feel you. My Auntie was a missionary in China under the premise of an educator at a university. She was found to be holding Bible studies and was imprisoned for a time before being forced to return to the US and never allowed to return. There's a whole loved ones story intertwined there, but suffice it to say that MANY people were injured by the Chinese government.
    What I wonder, though, is not only WHY, but HOW can we disallow Chinese officials to interrogate criminals/ok suspects that are Chinese citizens at Gitmo? Wouldn't that be violating some sort of diplomacy agreement? Beyond that does citizenship have any bearing at Gitmo?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We can bar them from interrogating because they are US prisoners on US soil.
  10. libbydc
    We can bar them from interrogating because they are US prisoners on US soil.
    Should we... would we... especially if it makes it easier on us? I mean, they were arrested in what? Afghanistan? I can't remember and am to lazy to read again, but it was something like that... would Chinese interrogation OF IT'S OWN CITEZENS benefit us better than we could do for ourselves?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast