Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soldiers Did 'Dirty Work' for Chinese Interrogators??????

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by libbydc View Post
    Should we... would we... especially if it makes it easier on us? I mean, they were arrested in what? Afghanistan? I can't remember and am to lazy to read again, but it was something like that... would Chinese interrogation OF IT'S OWN CITEZENS benefit us better than we could do for ourselves?
    Yes, they were arrested in Afghanistan. I don't understand why we allowed China to interrogate them. If we felt there was a reason to hold them, it would have been for what threat they posed to us as opposed to anything they did towards the Chinese.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  2. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    Yes, they were arrested in Afghanistan. I don't understand why we allowed China to interrogate them. If we felt there was a reason to hold them, it would have been for what threat they posed to us as opposed to anything they did towards the Chinese.
    Oh for sure. I guess I'm just going through all the possible reasons why we would allow China to have access to them.
    -better suited for interrogating b/c they are their own citizens?
    -maintaining good foreign relations if the Chinese have a reasonable interest in the offenses as well?
    -letting THEM do the dirty work, and reaping the benefits?

but in light of possible scenarios... or in the case that what you stated was accurate (it is valid) then I still question if it is wrong of us or unreasonable to allow them access to their own citizens.... We would fight for access to our POW's in a foreign country, right? If we suspected them of being enemy combatants it would be this scenario to the letter only reverse the countries.... I assume.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12