Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming, Enviornment..etc.

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Global Warming, Enviornment..etc.

Advertisements
    Do you believe in Global Warming? Why or why not?
    Do you do anything to help save our enviornment? Why or why not?
    Do you think saving our enviornment is just a hippie mindset? why or why not?

And yes I see my typo but I'm a few too many beers into caring about fixing it
  2. Senior Member
    I sincerely hope that everyone answer is yes.
    If not... man..
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Wood View Post
    I sincerely hope that everyone answer is yes.
    If not... man..
    Well you know that won't be the case..LOL
  4. Senior Member
    I do believe global warming is a natural cycle of the world, and didn't just start to happen because of us.....

I do my part for the enviroment, we recycle among other things

and too a point it is a hippie mind set

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  5. Senior Member
    Do you believe in Global Warming? Yes. Why or why not? This shouldn't even be a question. It goes along with common sense.
    Do you do anything to help save our enviornment? Yes. Although I know I really should try harder. Why or why not? Again, common sense. I did even before the whole "green movement" hit the US.
    Do you think saving our enviornment is just a hippie mindset? It shouldn't be. But if someone thinks it is then hand me my peace sign shirt and shackle me to a tree. Thanks.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by brandewijn View Post
    Do you believe in Global Warming? Yes. Why or why not? This shouldn't even be a question. It goes along with common sense.
    Do you do anything to help save our enviornment? Yes. Although I know I really should try harder. Why or why not? Again, common sense. I did even before the whole "green movement" hit the US.
    Do you think saving our enviornment is just a hippie mindset? It shouldn't be. But if someone thinks it is then hand me my peace sign shirt and shackle me to a tree. Thanks.
    Ditto. Even with the argument that global warming doesn't exist -- why wouldn't you want to make the earth cleaner, more energy efficient, etc? It kind of flies in the face of rational thought.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post

Yes, I believe in global warming. I do what I can for the environment (the 3 R's). I think that caring for our environment is more than a hippie mindset, its something critical that needs to be done now.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  8. libbydc
    I don't believe in global warming anymore than I do in the global cooling pattern predicted in the 70's. I DO believe in natural climate patterns, and I can't wait for the scientists to figure out which one we're in. I think we do have "footprints", and I do think that, although we can not affect the climate change so much on our globe, we CAN make ourselves sick with waste and pollution. We can also deplete our natural resources, and so we should come up with alternatives.

I recycle b/c I think our landfills are finite. We used public transit IRL before hubby deployed b/c I think that our natural resources are finite.... I also want to reduce oil dependency.

No. I'm a Christian, and I understand that why we are stewards of this earth for as long as we inhabit it. I do think that some activist groups go a little overboard with it, and their meddling in turn disrupts the natural ecosystem sometimes....
  9. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    i guess i believe in global warming.
    and i guess i do stuff to help.. no plastic bags (i bought the cloth kind from the grocery store), recycle, etc.

i drive an SUV, but it's an import!

idk. i could do more but i don't. i kind of suck when it comes to the environment.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

yes, but I believe it's been happening for a long time now, thanks to the agricultural revolution and the death of Malthusian Checks.

I have been on the go-green bandwagon for a bit. Organic tees, buying recycled notebooks, using environmentally house cleaners & shampoos.

No, I think we should take responsibility for our environment. We need to take care of our living spaces.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast