Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think the war should end?

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Question How do you think the war should end?

Advertisements
    Do you think they should just pull all the troops at once or do it gradually over time?

Do you think Iraq/Afghanistan will end up like Korea where they have US military perminatly stationed?
  2. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Good questions.... I don't really know what to think anymore. Its so dangerous to be in Iraq and Afghanistan right now and I don't think that will change for a long time. The Arab world is a volatile part of world for lots of reasons that could be another debate.

On the one hand, I think our troops will get pulled out gradually because no matter how long we stay there, we'll only play a "supervisory" role. I don't think we can ever use our military power to set up a democracy in a country that has so many religious differences and tensions that are bound to cause inevitable disagreements and possibly even civil war... JMO.

On the other hand, I think we may always end up having a military presence in Iraq. I just hope that someday, it is a more peaceful presence that isn't so frightening to us or our SO's...
  3. Senior Member
    Gradually pull them out and yes, DH and I both feel that it will be like Korea.
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I think that they should gradualy remove troops. An immediate withdrawl to me would not be a good idea.

i also think it will end up a permanent duty station like Korea
  5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    i'm not sure anymore. it's such a mess.

i think that gradual would be the best bet. if we got them out all at the same time God only knows what would happen to the country and region but also the rest of the world. i think a lot of what we've put together and worked on would be lost, and we've invested too many lives, time, and money into it to just lose it all.

i just that it ends soon and that things can calm down. I doubt the region will ever be "peaceful" but right now anything a bit less violent would be nice.

6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    i'm not sure anymore. it's such a mess.

i think that gradual would be the best bet. if we got them out all at the same time God only knows what would happen to the country and region but also the rest of the world. i think a lot of what we've put together and worked on would be lost, and we've invested too many lives, time, and money into it to just lose it all.

i just that it ends soon and that things can calm down. I doubt the region will ever be "peaceful" but right now anything a bit less violent would be nice.

I agree that too many lives have been invested!
  7. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Gradually.

My little Loves!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Nuke. Boom.

Just kidding. I don't have a clue. I have no answers and I don't think it's going to ever really end, no matter how we TRY to end it. This is going to keep going on forever, IMO.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Nuke. Boom.

Just kidding. I don't have a clue. I have no answers and I don't think it's going to ever really end, no matter how we TRY to end it. This is going to keep going on forever, IMO.
    You've been reading my DH's mind. Nuke 'em and take the gas!

I agree. I don't think there is an easy awnser. Face it, there is always going to be fighting in the Middle East. I hate to say, if more of our guys are getting killed, I almost want them to pull out. Kill each other, not us. Might be the wrong thing but...
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    With a US war trial, and Mr.s Bush and Cheney being convicted of many crimes including murder.
    As for Iraq, Throw out the corrupt Iranian backed government we put in, find a dictator who will run the country properly. Then tell the rest of the surrounding country that if they don;t play ball our way, we will let the Iraqi Army cross whatever borders they please. And take all our troops and place them around the borders.
    Then cut off payments to Afganastan. Tell them that instead of paying them NOT to find Bin Laden, we will resume financial support for them when we have Bin Laden.
    Then level the entire mountainous region of that country until we have the head of Bin Laden, or until he has surrendered.
    Reminds me of the sad joke "Why haven't we found Bin LAden?" "Because we aren't looking!!!!"
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast