Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSNBC

1. libbydc

MSNBC

Advertisements
    Can they HELP but hire pretentious, condescending, sarcastic, and snide reporters? Oh they are SO FUN to watch. I watch all of the network to get the broad perspective, and my favorite news network for the cut n dry is CNN. They are great despite some of the uber conservatives thinking they are "liberal media". Fox is kind of slanted right, and kind of gets stuck on the same old stuff over and over when others are moving on. MSNBC...... MAN! It's RADICAL left. It's not even a news network.,.. it's reality tv! They're great!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by libbydc View Post
    Can they HELP but hire pretentious, condescending, sarcastic, and snide reporters? Oh they are SO FUN to watch. I watch all of the network to get the broad perspective, and my favorite news network for the cut n dry is CNN. They are great despite some of the uber conservatives thinking they are "liberal media". Fox is kind of slanted right , and kind of gets stuck on the same old stuff over and over when others are moving on. MSNBC...... MAN! It's RADICAL left. It's not even a news network.,.. it's reality tv! They're great!!
    err, kind of?

What's your deal with MSNBC? I am a reporter and I've never heard of anyone launch a similar tirade against them. I leave MSNBC on all day and have never noticed this. You're talking about reporters, are you sure you're not talking about pundits? Or the talking heads they have on a lot from different political organizations or campaigns? I'm at a loss.
  3. libbydc
    Ummm I'm not sure of the terminology? I don't think I mean pundits. The hosts of the different shows.

ETA I'm sure being a reporter gives you a broader perspective on the journalistic world, but in the Joe Schmo world I hear MSNBC tirades fairly often.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Ummm I'm not sure of the terminology? I don't think I mean pundits. The hosts of the different shows.
    The hosts are pundits. They are working from a script. Sometimes they write the script, sometimes they just present it. Reporters are a different animal, kinda like the grunts in the field.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well, some are reporters who host shows (i.e. Andrea Mitchell, David Gregory) and some are pundits who host shows(i.e. Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann). Pundits are paid to give their opinion. Reporters, ethically speaking, are not supposed to.
  6. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    The hosts are pundits. They are working from a script. Sometimes they write the script, sometimes they just present it. Reporters are a different animal, kinda like the grunts in the field.
    Really? THank you for the clarification BTW. Then I comend them even further, b/c they are FANTASTIC actors. They give such great deliveries when they are being antagonistic! I really do enjoy watching them.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    DH used to say the reporters are the soldiers... He has to think in military sense in order to understand sometimes
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Really? THank you for the clarification BTW. Then I comend them even further, b/c they are FANTASTIC actors. They give such great deliveries when they are being antagonistic! I really do enjoy watching them.
    That's why I was confused, I was like whaaaaaaaaat channel are you watching where reporters are giving humorous takes on the news they are reporting. The Daily Show?
  9. libbydc
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidzy View Post
    Well, some are reporters who host shows (i.e. Andrea Mitchell, David Gregory) and some are pundits who host shows(i.e. Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann). Pundits are paid to give their opinion. Reporters, ethically speaking, are not supposed to.
    Who's the guy on right now? Dan Abrams? He's fantastic.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Who's the guy on right now? Dan Abrams? He's fantastic.
    Dan Abrams is out of control! He'd be considered a pundit, it's pretty safe to say. Sometimes he just FREAKS OUT!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast