Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts?

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Question What are your thoughts?

Advertisements
    What are your thoughts on Vegitarians not giving/giving their children meat?
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I personally like my children to try everything (not a veggo here), but I guess if it's not in the house you can't give it to them. I think it's their own choice what they feed their kids.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Well, just like everything else with parenting, it's a choice that every parent has a right to make, based on their personal beliefs. I equate it with parents who choose to allow their kids to have coke or not, watch only certain shows or cartoons, etc... it's all based on personal beliefs about how our kids should be raised. I am FAR from a veggie, so I don't know much about the nutritional aspect, but as long as the child is taking vitamins (As I think all kids should!) and being given a variety of foods, I think it's fine if that's what the parent chooses. The only time I'd ever view it as bad is if the child is suffering with anemia or other issues related to not receiving proper foods and nutrition.
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I like what Dennis Leary said

"eating meat is an instinct, not eating meat is a choice"

So should we give our children meat and let them choose or not give it to them and let them choose later?
  5. ProudArmySO
    i agree, i think you should let them try all sorts of foods despite yer personal preference and once they get old enough to decide if they want to eat meat or not, it will be their decision. even though they are children, they are still their own person and should be allowed to make some decisions.
    there are lots of things i don't like to eat, but i will still expose my unborn son to different types of food and let him be the judge.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I think its great. Its a lifestyle choice. Just like there are a lot of parenting choices that some people don't like, but doesn't necessarily make them bad. Some people swear up and down that vegetarianism is bad for children, yet there are thousands of children that are raised veggie and are perfectly healthy adults now. Its just a parenting choice. Being veggie is perfectly healthy for a child if done the right way. Just like its perfectly healthy for an adult. Just like some parents choose to spank and others don't. Or some parents choose to homeschool and others don't, etc. And like with religion, many will raise their children by THEIR religion, and when the kid is old enough, they can choose for themselves. I see vegetarianism the same way. If I have kids, I WILL raise them Vegan. If they want to eat meat later in life when they are old enough, that will be their choice.
  7. Senior Member
    i dont see anything wrong with it just i hope thy give thier kids the supplement to take place of what they are supposed to get from the meat
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I don't really care as long as they're getting balanced nutrition. That's easy to do, even without eating meat. I was a vegetarian for years, it was the healthiest I've ever been in my life.
  9. Is the Agony of LOVE
    Is the Agony of LOVE
    Blog Entries
    I think its a choice that the parents make.

Just like everything else in a childs life.. it is the parents that have to decide what is best for their child.

I woke up and fell into this dream
    Happily ever after just took time
    Once upon this broken heart of mine

this is the way a fairytale feels
    This is the way I know it's real
    'Cause this is the way a broken heart heals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O7sKdX3KJo
    ,(`), ,
    `.
    ♥♥N~+~J♥♥
    ☠★☠
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    I don't really care as long as they're getting balanced nutrition. That's easy to do, even without eating meat. I was a vegetarian for years, it was the healthiest I've ever been in my life.
    I agree, I was a vegetarian for over four years, and I've never been so healthy. And you'd be surprised the amount of nutrition you can get from veggies and other supplements. You really DON'T need meat. In fact, the ONLY contributor to high cholesterol is meat or other products from animals. Nothing else. Thats enough reason right there for me not to give my kids meat. As it is, I really try to eat mainly chicken or fish. The less red meat, the better.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast