Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 Things

1. Banned
    Banned

3 Things

Advertisements
    Name three things that you feel is wrong with this society, and give solutions that you feel would help fix the problem.

123readygo!
  2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    RACISM-Going every direction!

SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT-Everyone seems to feel entitled to things that they didn't earn.

DISREGARD FOR OTHERS FEELINGS-Everywhere I look, everyday, I can find someone blatantly disrespecting others.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    Name three things that you feel is wrong with this society, and give solutions that you feel would help fix the problem.

123readygo!

The government must do it for me. I can't take care of myself. Why didn't the government stop it...whine whine whine.

Racism. That one will never go away.

Laziness.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    There's more than 3 I'm sure, but I can't think of anything that will solve the problems we have.

Racism-there will always be racists. I think only time will solve that problem.

Poverty-people need to help each other in this aspect. There are many factors that lead to poverty also so again I don't know what can solve this problem.

hmm ill be back with a third
    I Love my boys
  5. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    1. Morality - or lack there of. Lack of actual parental guidance on issues of sex, drugs, alchohol.... I don't know the answer, but kids are too exposed, often WAY too early.

2. Obesity - we have the technology and knowlege for the food industry to make healthy food affordable. School lunches are disgraceful. Parents let their kids eat too much crap Fast food is 'easy'. Crappy food is cheaper.

3. Too many people think they are 'owed' - sense of entitlement. Whatever happened to working for everything you had? Too many handouts.

My little Loves!
  6. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Oh yea my third can be people taking advantage of government programs. That's a biggie!! I hate when I see someone park their 2008 car in the projects.
    I Love my boys
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    oh lawrdy, there are FAR too many things....
  8. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Economic polarization - getting worse by the day. I have no idea how to fix it. Wouldn't know where to begin.

Too much time spent indoors - If people would GO OUTSIDE and get to know the world around them, not only would we be a happier society but we might even be lucky enough to find more people giving a damn about our planet.

**Disclaimer: this one is going to get people riled up, please know that it's not my intention to offend**

Supermom mentality - Mom tries to take on too much at once. Lucrative career, perfect kids, pristine house, excellent sex life (perfect marriage), etc. It's too much to expect from ourselves, and when mom tries to do it all, one aspect or another inevitably suffers. Then because society says she can do it, she blames herself for the issues that are caused by the high expectations. It's hard to keep it all up, and when we expect perfection from ourselves we are disappointed when things don't come together - be it our piece of mind, the marriage, life in the bedroom, time with the kids, the careerpath...it is just so nearly impossible (I want to say impossible but nothing is truly impossible) to have all, be all and really I wish society would stop putting so many expectations on mom. It's almost to the point that it's not enough to choose one or the other (family or career) . If she doesn't take on the world, she's not a strong enough woman.

That bugs me. Guess I went off on a tangent - sorry.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  9. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

Supermom mentality - Mom tries to take on too much at once. Lucrative career, perfect kids, pristine house, excellent sex life (perfect marriage), etc. It's too much to expect from ourselves, and when mom tries to do it all, one aspect or another inevitably suffers. Then because society says she can do it, she blames herself for the issues that are caused by the high expectations. It's hard to keep it all up, and when we expect perfection from ourselves we are disappointed when things don't come together - be it our piece of mind, the marriage, life in the bedroom, time with the kids, the careerpath...it is just so nearly impossible (I want to say impossible but nothing is truly impossible) to have all, be all and really I wish society would stop putting so many expectations on mom. It's almost to the point that it's not enough to choose one or the other (family or career) . If she doesn't take on the world, she's not a strong enough woman.

That bugs me. Guess I went off on a tangent - sorry.
    I agree. The supermoms themselves look down on others for not being on their level. I get it all the time. I'm young with my first child I DON'T know everything, but I ask for help. Those supermoms say why don't you have a job, why don't you drive, why isn't food cooked by the time your DH gets home, why doesn't your 2 year old know how to talk yet!!! . (okay small rant) but yes I agree that whole supermom thing gotta go! We are all capable of things more or less than others.
    I Love my boys
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    My point had nothing to do with supermom superiority - I don't think I've ever been a victim of that as far as I know My point is that too much is expected of mom in society today. If that expectation were lessened a bit, I think we'd all be happier - even the kids.

I know that some people have no choice, but many do.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast