Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you expect Perfection?

1. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries

Do you expect Perfection?

Advertisements
    Think about it....everyone makes mistakes, things are not perfect. But people tend to have little tolerance for things when they don't go perfectly...........

A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react?

A cashier rings up your items and one item that should have been on sale rings up regular price.. You notice. How do you react?

Delivery guy delivers your package you've been waiting for for a week to your neighbors house......your neighbor is busy and doesn't get it to you for a couple days. How do you react?

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react?

Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react?

The phone company is booked solid for a week and can't get to your house to add that second line until next week. How do you react?

A storm knocks out the power to your neighborhood. 5 hours later, your neighbors across the street have power, but not your side of the street? Frustrating, yes, but How do you react?

My little Loves!
  2. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i am a perfectionist towards myself. healthy, no. but true.

i am not a perfectionist towards others. in the examples given, i wouldn't react harshly at all. on the first 2 examples, i'd politely ask for it to be fixed. the others i really wouldn't care.
  3. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a perfectionist towards others but I do strive to be the best I can personally be. I'm pretty passive when it comes to my reaction to things around me. Things that I pretty much don't have control over... Life is just too short. I want to worry more about how I can positively affect my own experiences and those people that are a part of them.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=parkwoodmom;2406969]Think about it....everyone makes mistakes, things are not perfect. But people tend to have little tolerance for things when they don't go perfectly...........

A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react?

I'd ask him to take it back and get it cookd just a bit longer. Rare will make me hurl. I wouldn't at all blame him it was just a simple misunderdtanding..

A cashier rings up your items and one item that should have been on sale rings up regular price.. You notice. How do you react?
    I'd say Oh that was supposed to be on sale then I'd have to debate with myself on wether or not I still wanted it. Unless we're talking about cents here then I probably wouldn't say a thing. I probably wouldn't notice to be honest...LOL

Delivery guy delivers your package you've been waiting for for a week to your neighbors house......your neighbor is busy and doesn't get it to you for a couple days. How do you react?
    I'd be frustrated but we all get busy so it's no big deal

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react?
    I wait.
    Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react?
    I find another item. I'd be sad if I really liked it but business is business

The phone company is booked solid for a week and can't get to your house to add that second line until next week. How do you react?
    I wait.
    A storm knocks out the power to your neighborhood. 5 hours later, your neighbors across the street have power, but not your side of the street? Frustrating, yes, but How do you react?
    I wait...LOL Power is in grids theirs was the first one fixed. No biggie

I spend the majority of my time saying oh no worries it's ok or I'm sorry even if I wasn't at fault. Things are not always in everyone's control. Shit happens and oh well nothing you can do but laugh and move on.
  5. Senior Member
    A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react?Seriously, for me, it depends on the steak. If I ordered a 10$ sirloin, I probably would not send it back. But, If I ordered a 30$ Filet, it would go back, until it was right.

A cashier rings up your items and one item that should have been on sale rings up regular price.. You notice. How do you react?I just ask if I can get the sale price. Most of the time it only takes about 5 minutes for them to re-ring things up. I am NEVER in that much of a hurry while shopping.

Delivery guy delivers your package you've been waiting for for a week to your neighbors house......your neighbor is busy and doesn't get it to you for a couple days. How do you react?Honestly, I would call the delivery company, and ask them not to deliver my packages to my neighbor. I don't really know my neighbors, and would be a little freaked out about them holding onto my insulin pump supplies or something equally valuable.

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react?Meh, I would probably go home and order it online. LMAO!

Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react?Again, go home and find out where I can find the item. Just because I love an item so much, does not mean I am buying it enough to make the store a profit.

The phone company is booked solid for a week and can't get to your house to add that second line until next week. How do you react?I wait a week. No big deal.

A storm knocks out the power to your neighborhood. 5 hours later, your neighbors across the street have power, but not your side of the street? Frustrating, yes, but How do you react?I probably continue reading my book on the sofa by the light of my headlamp, and hope they get power back by morning.
  6. Senior Member
    I have OCD and I am a perfectionist. I will completely pick myself apart over the silliest things. I even realize how petty it is when I am doing it, but I just can't help myself. I have to conciously watch myself when talking with my children, because if not then I expect way too much out of them. I also make a concious effort in my day to day life. In the scenarios you gave above, my first instinct is zero tolerance and to pick the person apart, but over the years I have learned to control those impulses and remind myself life happens, mistakes are made, and well not everyone is crazy like me!
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react? Just eat it. We order it normally a bit rare because we know it will come the way we like it.

A cashier rings up your items and one item that should have been on sale rings up regular price.. You notice. How do you react? Just tell them it is on sale and we look together. If they get mad or nasty, sometimes I'll get that way back or ask for a manager. Most of the time....no big deal.

Delivery guy delivers your package you've been waiting for for a week to your neighbors house......your neighbor is busy and doesn't get it to you for a couple days. How do you react? If I didn't know...what does it hurt?

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react? Not a life or death matter....Just come back or go somewhere else.

Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react? Get frustrated and purchase all that I can so I don't have to look for awhile.

The phone company is booked solid for a week and can't get to your house to add that second line until next week. How do you react? We have one line. Be thankful I have that. Now...if it lasts months like it did last time..there is a problem then.

A storm knocks out the power to your neighborhood. 5 hours later, your neighbors across the street have power, but not your side of the street? Frustrating, yes, but How do you react?[/QUOTE] Stew. Wait...Go to bed. Mess around.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. Banned
    Banned
    A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react? I actually NEVER send food back. I feel it's just one meal out of my life and tomorrow it won't even matter (unless I get food poisoning of course )

A cashier rings up your items and one item that should have been on sale rings up regular price.. You notice. How do you react? I don't. There have been countless times when something I didn't know was on sale rang up as on sale, so I figure it evens out pretty well.

Delivery guy delivers your package you've been waiting for for a week to your neighbors house......your neighbor is busy and doesn't get it to you for a couple days. How do you react? I would get irritated because that's a little disrespectful. I would ask that he/she return it quickly next time.

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react? I would probably "play mad" but really, it's not that serious.

Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react? I'd be bummed but I'd either find it at another store, call the manufacturer to see if there's anywhere near me that still sells it, or attempt to find it somewhere online. If it's something I LOVELOVELOVE that is non-perishable and can only buy bulk, I'll do that. Perfect example is my favorite Mrs. Dash's seasoning. They stopped carrying it so I bought a bulk order of it online. I'm set for like 5 years

The phone company is booked solid for a week and can't get to your house to add that second line until next week. How do you react? Second line? Hell I don't even have a first line.

A storm knocks out the power to your neighborhood. 5 hours later, your neighbors across the street have power, but not your side of the street? Frustrating, yes, but How do you react? They might be on a whole other power grid. I'd probably call the power company to make sure it's not just my house, and find out if the workers are working their way to me.
  9. Senior Member
    In those scenarios, most don't usually even bother me at all. My food doesn't come out the way I expected? I've worked at 2 restaurants before, I know all of the more likely reasons why it didn't come out like I wanted. I also know what can happen if it is sent back. haha That is what I get for not cooking at home. lol

I do have high expectations when it comes to friends. But random public situations, not so much. I go with the flow when it comes to that.
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwoodmom View Post
    Think about it....everyone makes mistakes, things are not perfect. But people tend to have little tolerance for things when they don't go perfectly...........

A waiter brings your food - the steak is medium rare instead of medium. How do you react? Thank him - I must have ordered medium by mistake

Just let her know it was on sale, then wait (somewhat impatiently) while she calls the kid over the loudspeaker to go check the price and make sure I'm not lying

Not angry with the neighbor, but a little irritated. I'd stick that experience in my back pocket

A store runs out of your favorite product 4 days before their scheduled shipment of that product. You have to wait. 4 more days. How do you react?Go to another store

Your local store discontinues a low profit, low demand item that you like. How do you react?See if I can buy it online

Second phone line? I'd be more pissed at myself for not thinking to call and get the order in sooner.

Call the power company for an ETU.
    I guess I have more patience than I thought - none of these things would necessarily upset me. I am far harder on myself than anyone else.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast