Thread: Being a stripper VS working at McD's

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Being a stripper VS working at McD's

Advertisements
    I'm watching the Real World.
    And this is something they're debating.

I'll quote (thanks to DVR technology)

Girl's view: "...there's always an alternative. . .You need a job to get food, everybody does, so why not work at a McD's?"
    Guy's view: "...What if you can't get hired at McD's? What if you need to pay for more than just food?"
    Girl's view: "Well why can't you get hired at McD's but get hired as a stripper?"
    Girl 2: "Basically it's just lazy people who don't want to make an honest living or work hard so they take the easy way out and it just happens to be immoral and filthy."
    Guy's view: "But I'm talking about people who are outside the box who aren't like us who came from nothing and don't have options and this is what they have to do."
    Girl 2: "...Well I know a lot of people who came from nothing, too, and they start at McD's. . .You know why people strip, so they can pay for their drugs..."

So - what's your view on this conversation in general?

I feel that the girls are actually being very closed-minded. Not even considering that some people choose to strip because they just want to do it and they find it fun And might actually be very respectable people with legitimate goals and a focus in life.

The guys seemed to be more opened minded and reasonable with it - later in this episode they discussed that the girls they were talking to about this just don't know what it's like to have nothing and have no choices in life.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    Well I'd have to go work at Mickey D's

Don't nobody want to see me strip.

Not unless graying hair and flabbiness is all of a sudden really sexy!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The girls are being ignorant and if you are a single mom or a kid trying to put herself through college you may be able to support yourself a lot better stripping then flipping burgers.
  4. Beltway Bandit
    Beltway Bandit
    Blog Entries
    I saw that episode and I wanted to slap Kimberly and Sarah. It was kind of sad that the guys in the house sympathized with the strippers more than those two uptight biatches did.
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, I found it rather sad, too, that the guys were more understanding of such decisions!
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    I'm watching the Real World.
    And this is something they're debating.

I'll quote (thanks to DVR technology)

Girl's view: "...there's always an alternative. . .You need a job to get food, everybody does, so why not work at a McD's?"
    Guy's view: "...What if you can't get hired at McD's? What if you need to pay for more than just food?"
    Girl's view: "Well why can't you get hired at McD's but get hired as a stripper?"
    Girl 2: "Basically it's just lazy people who don't want to make an honest living or work hard so they take the easy way out and it just happens to be immoral and filthy."
    Guy's view: "But I'm talking about people who are outside the box who aren't like us who came from nothing and don't have options and this is what they have to do."
    Girl 2: "...Well I know a lot of people who came from nothing, too, and they start at McD's. . .You know why people strip, so they can pay for their drugs..."

So - what's your view on this conversation in general?

I feel that the girls are actually being very closed-minded. Not even considering that some people choose to strip because they just want to do it and they find it fun And might actually be very respectable people with legitimate goals and a focus in life.

The guys seemed to be more opened minded and reasonable with it - later in this episode they discussed that the girls they were talking to about this just don't know what it's like to have nothing and have no choices in life.
    I agree with you. Completely. Btw, if you can't read, you'd have a hard time working at McD's....you'd be stuck in the back. With no real room for advancement.

If you can't read and you strip you can make better money.
  7. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    LOL.
    Where I live there are only a few in-town job choices and the only one that would payour bills is being a stripper.

So if I wasn't such a fat prude I'd totally dance a few and earn some - get the hell out of dodge. LOL
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

When McD's pays the same as stripping does then it will be an equal comparison.

People need to get over themselves.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    not that i see anything wrong with stripping at all, but is it really any surprise why the GUY was more supportative than the girls? of course he understands, he probably has been to a strip club and the girls probably haven't and are spouting off what they have heard from other close-minded people, spouting off stereotypes.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    not that i see anything wrong with stripping at all, but is it really any surprise why the GUY was more supportative than the girls? of course he understands, he probably has been to a strip club and the girls probably haven't and are spouting off what they have heard from other close-minded people, spouting off stereotypes.
    That sounds so familiar
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast