Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mexico shows displeasure with border plan

1. Breezy
    Advertisements
    they may not be getting killed cause they have something illegal but they are being killed!
    There is a little war going on down here right now. They (mexicans) are killing the sheriffs and such on their side cause they want to cross so badly. Do it the legal way.
    And there are ways to get it done
    For example there is a guy in my home town from Brazil and he is here LEGALLY. He goes home often, his family is bad of financially but he isn't smuggling them into the country. He gives them money and such the right way. He is only here cause he wanted his kids to get a better education.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm sorry that you have to feel like that Breezy. There are things that we don't hear about as much and I can understand that you would want to protect your family.
  3. Breezy
    I was pissed when I got here and was told that we aren't allowed any where near the border. I wanted to go shopping but once the situation was explained further I was glad I was warned
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    they may not be getting killed cause they have something illegal but they are being killed!
    There is a little war going on down here right now. They (mexicans) are killing the sheriffs and such on their side cause they want to cross so badly. Do it the legal way.
    And there are ways to get it done
    For example there is a guy in my home town from Brazil and he is here LEGALLY. He goes home often, his family is bad of financially but he isn't smuggling them into the country. He gives them money and such the right way. He is only here cause he wanted his kids to get a better education.

Which is exactly why my parents went through the whole process and got here legally so that we wouldn't have to worry about our future and it does upset me to know that the sacrificed alot to be able to give that to us and I have a cousin that was able to pay someone off and has the same life and opportunities that my parents worked sooo hard to EARN. That really upsets me.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree...It's the law- obey the law and don't cross over illegaly.

Instead of the guy pointing his finger at the US, Mexico needs to change things about their country. THEN border crossing wouldn't be such an issue.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    I agree...It's the law- obey the law and don't cross over illegaly.

Instead of the guy pointing his finger at the US, Mexico needs to change things about their country. THEN border crossing wouldn't be such an issue.
    my thoughts exactly.
  7. cari_mccord
    I think everyone is missing the big issue. Why do we think its ok to let people come over here and work 14 hour days for 2 or 3 dollars? You and I would never do it, but we think its perfectly fine for some poor people to do it because hey they're making more than they would in Mexico. It is not ok to exploit people no matter where they come from or how poor they are. The answer is not building a fence like many have pointed out (they will find a way past it), the answer is not to shoot them like dogs (they are still people even though they are not Americans). The answer is to stop the people who are exploiting them to work they way they do. As it stands right now, it is the illegal immigrants who are being punished, not the employers. Switch around and hurt the employers where it counts, their wallet, and I guarantee you this problem will go away.
  8. Senior Member
    Great comment ^! It sure doesn't help the situation when you have these companies willing to break the law and hire illegal immigrants just so that they won't have to pay as much. These companies can hire 20 immigrants and still not pay what they would pay say 10 legal workers. Legal workers are going to want benefits, overtime, and legal wages. Like I said, my cousin was brought over here illegally by his boss who paid for him to get here. This man does this all the time and most people look the other way.
  9. cari_mccord
    I think the biggest shame in all of this is the human rights issues that get over looked. There's a trend in this country that if you aren't an American, then you aren't as "good" as we are. For some reason it seems like people seem to feel even strongly like that in regard to Mexicans. Even the word "Mexican" has a bad connotation in this country. Why doesn't anyone care about these people? Why do we talk about them like objects rather than people? Let's consider our constitution that our husbands and boyfriends are trying so hard to protect. If you've ever actually read the document, you would know that the rights and protections are intended for ALL humans, not just Americans. We are just lucky enough to live in a country that abides by that document. It is not the paper that gives the rights listed, but rather we are all born into them. Lets stop talking about Mexican people like they are some commodity to be used and exchanged, something lower than us great Americans.
  10. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    In D.C. and the surrounding areas they get paid at least minimum wage.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast