Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O Infant Earrings

1. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries

S/O Infant Earrings

Advertisements
    Okay, so I'm just curious because of other posts(multiple), what people think of piercing a newborn, or small child's ears. What is your view. Is it up there with circing? Just curious.

2. Senior Member
    Doesn't really bother me. I don't have kids yet so I can't really. I could totally be repulsed by the idea if I ever had a girl. I didn't get mine until I was 6 or something.
  3. Senior Member
    I myself would wait till she was older and responsible enough to take care of it

As for me I had mine done when I was a few days old in the hospital, its nice that I dont remember the pain of it but my mom said I kept losing my earings when I would fall asleep lol.

To each their own is what I say.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  4. Senior Member
    I personally wouldn't do it but that's because I think it's something that Lydia should be old enough to decide if she wants on her own. I mean, it is actual body modification (even minor body modification) and it's her body, so it'll be her decision.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just cant do it to Bailey. If she ever comes to me and says she wants it done then fine. I will take her to get it done. I do NOT think its abuse though.
  6. Senior Member
    I figure its her ears and her body when she is ready and she wants them then we will go down that path. I kinda think that she should be able to take care of them her self before I just do it to her but thats just me.
  7. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    My mom pierced mine when I was 2, and I pierced DD's when she was 7 months. It hurt for a second, and no longer. It wasn't her decision, so that part I sort of regret. But people knew she was a girl without having to ask, that part I loved.

8. Senior Member
    I don't care what other people do and I would hope no one would care what I do. It's my decision in how to care for my child.

If I have a girl, hers will be pierced when she is in infant. I'd rather her not remember the pain.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    My mom pierced mine when I was 2, and I pierced DD's when she was 7 months. It hurt for a second, and no longer. It wasn't her decision, so that part I sort of regret. But people knew she was a girl without having to ask, that part I loved.
    I do understand where you are coming from. When DD was younger, I could have her in pink or purple with the word PRINCESS emblazoned across her chest or even her forehead and people would still be like, "What a cute boy!" because she was bald as a cue ball for the first year of her life . I think earrings are adorable on little baby girls but DH and I decided to wait (and DH used to be a super pierced guy: ears, nose, etc, so he's not anti-earring or whatever) and let her decide. Besides, now she's at the age that if she knew I was responsible for causing her pain, she'd be super pissed and I'd get the "Baddddd Mommy" treatment
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had gotten my daughter's ears pierced as a baby because she wants them now but I'm afraid to do it because she's 2 and she will feel it a lot more and remember the pain a lot more. Honestly it seems easier to get it done as babies and then if they get older and don't want them, they can take them out.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast