Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How have Gas Prices affected YOUR Driving

1. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries

How have Gas Prices affected YOUR Driving

Advertisements
    I just filled up my car for $40.....I know, some of you are paying more..maybe you have a bigger car, truck, suv.....whatever. Maybe your gas is more expensive where you are. I was shocked yesterday when that total came up and it got me thinking.

I spend under $200 a month on gas. I live 10 minutes from work....My HUSBAND on the other hand spends over $600 a month in gas. He uses his truck for work and he puts ALOT of miles on that truck every week.

What have you done, or what can you do to maximize your travel dollars?

My little Loves!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We dont go as many places anymore...Or we do everything we need to do on one day.

He takes the car over the SUV and his motorcycle.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  3. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    I ride with other people more where in the past I would have not arranged my travel time s around other's schedules.

I don't do a whole lot of driving though.
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  4. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    We have gas coupons over here, it costs 50 bucks to fill my car if it's at empty. Christopher's car is only driven like 2 mins a day to work and back so we use practically nothing for that car. I fill up a couple times a month... that is plenty to go to base a few times a week, go out in town a couple times a month. If we go out in town more often, it def sucks, I have to buy another gas coupon book. So we try to balance out trips out in town and around the island, not going too often, but not sticking too close to base (makes you crazy!).

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

5. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    I pre-plan where I am going and make a day of it. Not as much go here there and everywhere as I please. I don't go out more than about 2 times per week at this point. I am really beginning to think I need to get a buggy for my horses.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think about where I am going and don't use the car except for on the days I really have to such as going to school. We walk over to the mall or the park.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    What I have done is on days I go to the commi. or dr. I go to stores that are on my way. That way since I'm already passing them I'm not using up anymore gas. Sometimes that isn't always possible but I try my hardest to keep it that way. I keep the heating and cooling to a minimum. I've been known to bring blankets for the older kids so I can leave the heat on 1. When it warms up I'm going to walk to school to drop Breanna off and pick her up. I also try to buy a smuch a sI can when I go places like the commi. and Walmart so I don't have to go back for awhile. Again, it doesn't always work but I try. The last time I filled up my gas tank it cost 66 dollars and some change. I make sure to only fill up twice a month and then John fills up an average of 3. We're averaging 200-250 a month. Now when he had his truck he was filling up 4-5 times a month at 65-80 each time. And that was almost 1 year ago. I hate that we had to get rid of his truck to get my van but that truck was killing us on gas.
  8. Senior Member
    When my car is on E it takes about $37-$40 to fill up. I fill up twice a month, every pay check, and it gets me through. Honestly the gas prices have effected me all that much. Maybe $20 a month tops. But I only have 1 vehicle and get about 400 miles to a tank. So I haven't really changed anything that I do. Still sucks though.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It costs us OVER 60 each to fill up my van and dh's truck.

With the prices the way they are we just dont go anywhere anymore( well I dont) dh still drives to work.

But i dont go anywhere if I have no reason to. We just cant afford it.
  10. Senior Member
    I still have to drive to work and everything in ND is so spread out, so I can't get away with not driving. We also don't have a lot of public transportation. The major kicker for me is I haven't been able to go home to see my parents as much. I am moving back there in like 6 weeks, and it is going to kill us moving all of my stuff because of the gas prices.

*Thank you Valarie!!*

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast