Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After watching Wife Swap

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question After watching Wife Swap

Advertisements
    I have a question...

Do you tell your children or will you tell your children, if you dont do this and that you will end up being like this?

Example: if you dont do good for yourself and go to college you will end up working this kind of job and living in this kind of area?

***We will never tell DS that. We have such a wide variety of people in our families and not all have gone to college, it will be his choice. For instance my BIL is a garbage man and makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but never went to college. My husband has two BS degrees and is a laborer.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Banned
    Banned
    No way. I will tell my kids that WHATEVER they do, if it makes them happy, then thats what they should do. I will instill good money practices in them, as well as an interest to learn, but if my kid wants to drive a bus, and is happy doing it, then more power to him/her!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    No way. I will tell my kids that WHATEVER they do, if it makes them happy, then thats what they should do. I will instill good money practices in them, as well as an interest to learn, but if my kid wants to drive a bus, and is happy doing it, then more power to him/her!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i will tell my daughter that if she engages in x or y behaviors she will be considered x or y by others or she will get a bad reputation but I will not tell her that she has to go to college or tech school. and what i mean by the first part is something like this "jennifer if you sleep around or dress like that people will think that you are easy and talk about you"
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This was geared more toward work and such...The lady said that if her children do not go to college then they will live in a trailer park.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Nope I certainly do not.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    This was geared more toward work and such...The lady said that if her children do not go to college then they will live in a trailer park.
    i responded to that aspect too
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This episode is killing me!

I cant believe that these poor girls, but on the other hand the family with the carnival doesnt let their children do any activities.
  9. Senior Member
    Not from the work perspective. That show makes me laugh because both sides are always so extreme that neither is good. The carnival lady just let her kids play ALL day long wildly - they weren't learning anything or making friends or anything like that. That won't help them either. The other girls were bored and stressed at too young of an age.

I can explain to her (when she is old enough) what, from my perspective, is the advantages and disadvantages of going to college right after high school, getting a grad degree, decision making for a career. I can help guide her in what she wants to do. When she is younger and those conversations don't really apply, i would get her involved in activities and let her explore.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't need to. My kids are pretty good at seeing what certain behavior results in. I don't think that necessarily applies towards college - i.e. If you don't go to college you will live in a trailer park or whatever. They do know that college is their best chance at having a more lucrative career and making better money though.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast