Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teens and Pregnancy

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

Teens and Pregnancy

Advertisements
    do you think it's right for parents of teens to take their grandchild, raise them as their (the parents) own, and have the child believe that the birth mother is just a sister?

What about parents parents raising the child and not allowing the mother the opportunity to raise the child on her own or get herself together?

Do you think it has an affect on the teen parent that it's okay to do what they please because mom/dad will pick up the pieces and make it alright?

When as a parent do you stand up and say to your teen "you made your bed now you lay in it"?

2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I think it is the ultimate lesson in consequences. I would be there to help, but not to raise the child.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My mom was a teen mother and never had her family raise us...I think its just easier now cause a lot of parents are like well she/he needs to be a kid. But they also have to grow up cause they have a huge responsibility.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I definately think the child has a right to know who their biological parents are no matter what. And it should come from the grandparents or parents..not some nosy neighbor or whoever. I personally think that parents or pregnant teens should help out but not totally raise their grandkids. It was ultimately the choice of the teenager to put themselves in this situation with a few exceptions of rape or other circumstances. So i think the teen should take responsiblity...JMO
  5. Missing My Husband
    Missing My Husband
    I will help my child take care of the baby but they will raise it, they will get a job and help support it. I say they cause if I had a son and he got a girl pregnant I wouldnt let him get off easy because he is a guy, I feel he helped make the baby he will help take care of the baby. I hate that the girl always gets screwed because the guy is immature and doesnt want to help and his parents dont make him, That is just my opinion.
  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    When I had Anya I was determined to raise her on my own and not let anyone help me. Everyone including my mom and stood back to watch me. when I fell they lifted me up, helped me brush my knees off and stood back again.

I have a friend who was 13 when she got pregnant. Had the baby at 14. Her parents tried so hard to butt in and take over but she was just as adamant as me on raising her child. It was amazing to see her morph from a drugged out teen who walked the streets at night and being homeless for a year to grow up, get a part time job, go back to school and raise her son.

So in the end I think unless the teen proves to be unfit, parents need to step back and all the teen the opportunity to take on the responsibility and raise their child.

Too many parents these days are teaching their children that when the going gets tough they can unload their problems on someone else.

7. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    The child's [parent needs to raise the child, not the grandparents.
  8. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    I think they should grow up and take care of the child themselves. However- there are exceptions- i think if the birth mother can't look after the child properly, or is into drugs, gangs or anything else that's not suitable for a child to grow up around- then it'd be ok for the grandparents to raise the kid.

Also- I don't think it's a good idea to shut out the birth mother forever, unless she's a serious nutcase.

The child should know who it's mother is.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    do you think it's right for parents of teens to take their grandchild, raise them as their (the parents) own, and have the child believe that the birth mother is just a sister?
    NO I don't think that's right...But in certain situations I can see how it'd be necessary
    What about parents parents raising the child and not allowing the mother the opportunity to raise the child on her own or get herself together?
    I think in some situations it's the best thing for the parent to take care of the child. Sometimes the teen is simply unable to
    Do you think it has an affect on the teen parent that it's okay to do what they please because mom/dad will pick up the pieces and make it alright?
    If the parents picks up the pieces when the teen could care for the child then yes I think it's highly detrimental to the teen
    When as a parent do you stand up and say to your teen "you made your bed now you lay in it"?
    As long as there are no drugs involved and no gangs involved then my children will lie in the bed they make
    Last edited by Berkley; 03-25-2008 at 11:26 AM.
  10. DvlDogGal104
    Deep questions.....I believe that if the parents and the teen mom agree it's best for the parents to raise them, then that's there decision it isn't my place to say whether its right or wrong.

I was a teen mother, and I got frustrated (still do) when my parents help me out. I put myself in that position, not them, so I believe they shouldn't have to help raise my child. I also never wanted to be on welfare, state funded programs (CHIPs, food stamps, etc). Once again, it's my responsibility, not the taxpayers.

As far as others situations, I don't feel it's my place to say what they should or shouldn't do.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast