Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it....

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I don't get it....

Advertisements
    I feel like this is good debate material...everyone will have their views and such and this should be the right palce for it.

I read all of what Heidi has posted about how the authorities are really doing nothing to help and I don't understand it

I find it so funny and stupid at the same time when all these law makers and such spout how our youth needs help because they are our future. We need to help our youth to stop doing druge, put and end to underage drinking, more sex education and abstinence this and that.

Why is it when a teenager runs away that the backs suddenly turn?? Are we not helping todays youth by trying to get them home?? By trying to keep them off the streets and away from the things that happen there??

None if it makes sense to me. How is it so easy to say that these kids are our future and we need to nuture and at the same time turn our backs on them.

Did what I wrote make sense?? I hope so

And just for clarification...our, we and such pertains to the law makers, politicians, police and such
  2. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but it's like all these programs to try and stop abortions but so many of the same people also have a problem with giving assistance to the mother AFTER the child is born.

I agree, more needs to be done though!
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think from the point of view of the authorities, they don't want to use up their resources trying to find someone who doesn't necessarily want to be found, as the chances of them running away again are generally pretty high. I speak from a general stance, and not in reference to Heidi's case.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I think from the point of view of the authorities, they don't want to use up their resources trying to find someone who doesn't necessarily want to be found, as the chances of them running away again are generally pretty high. I speak from a general stance, and not in reference to Heidi's case.
    But still, she is 14. Sorry there is NO reason that a 14 year old should be out on the street like that, whether she left or was taken. Whether she is a runaway or not, shouldnt dictate how much help the family gets in trying to help find her.

And last time I checked, running away was an offense enough to land you in juvy... or has that changed

ETA: I truly believe that there should be NO distinction between and runaway,missing person, abduction, etc when a minor is involved, IMO.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    But still, she is 14. Sorry there is NO reason that a 14 year old should be out on the street like that, whether she left or was taken. Whether she is a runaway or not, shouldnt dictate how much help the family gets in trying to help find her.

And last time I checked, running away was an offense enough to land you in juvy... or has that changed

ETA: I truly believe that there should be NO distinction between and runaway,missing person, abduction, etc when a minor is involved, IMO.
    I agree.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was just saying that to my mom Judy! I think it's ridiculous and frankly scares the hell out of me.
  7. Senior Member

I agree
  8. Banned
    Banned
    You know the local authorities have been more than helpful, it is NCIS that are NOT doing a damned thing. NCIS won't help me.. I was told the media coming here was for "personal gain" and that is against protocol.... I have also been warned to watch what I say in bashing the military as it will affect my dh's career....I have a VERY uneasy feeling that things have turned for the worse....
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I agree.. If she was 16 or 17 I could see them not looking so hard... but she is barely 14.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI View Post
    You know the local authorities have been more than helpful, it is NCIS that are NOT doing a damned thing. I have a VERY uneasy feeling that things have turned for the worse....
    I'm sorry Heidi
    I am glad the local authorities have helped.....I guess what I posted is a build up of other places that I have seen this happening, things on the news and such kwim?? It's just sad

I really hope that Brenna comes home soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast