Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum in vaccines

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Aluminum in vaccines

Advertisements
    I just read an article (by pediatrician Dr. Robert Sears)about the use of Aluminum in vaccines to help them work better.

One point caught my eye:
    The disconnect:
    Using the 5mcg/kg/day criterion the author found on WWW.fda.gov as the MINIMUM
    amount a baby can handle a 12 lb, two month old baby could safely have 30 MCG of aluminum per day.

BUT

A newborn who gets the hepatitis B injection on its FIRST day of life would receive 250 MCG

So it breaks down to this: a newborn gets hep B on day 1 of its life would recieve 250mcg. Thwn at two months the first round of shots occurs. The total dose of aluminum could vary from 295 mcg (if a non-aluminum HIB and lowest-aluminum brand of D-TaP are used) to a whopping 1225 mcg (if the hep B vaccine is given along with the brands with the highest aluminum contents). These doses are repeated at 4 and 6 months. With most subsequent rounds of shots a child would continue to get some aluminum throughout the next 2 years.

The AAp in 1996 published a policy statement "Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Childre", that made the following points:
    *Aluminum can cause neurologic harm.

*A study from 30 years ago showed that adult humans increase their urine excretion of aluminum when exposed to higher levels of the metal, which sugessts that adults can clear out excess aluminum.

* Adults taking aluminum-containing antacids don't build up high levels of aluminum in their bodies.

* Reports of infants with healthy kidneys show elevated blood levels of aluminum from taking antacids.

* People with kidney disease who build up bloodstream levels of aluminum greater than 100 mcg per liter are at risk for txicity.

* The toxic thershold of aluminum in the blood stream may be lower than 100 mcg per liter.

* The buildup of aluminum in tissues has been seen even in patients with health kidneys who receive IV solutions containing aluminum over extended periods.

There have been no studies about the effect of this build up on developing bodies. No one has measured the levels of aluminum absorption by the bloodstream when it is injected into the skin and muscle of infants, or the levels of excretion from the body via urination.

Dr. Sears was hopeful that this could be looked into more carefully using real time studies on thousands of infants and measure aluminum levels after vaccination. If it was found to be harmful (sense it can be removed because unlike thermerosal aluminum actually helps the vaccine to work) it is hoped that a new vaccine schedule would be put out that would better space the vaccine rounds to minimize the amount of aluminum a child receives at any one time.

So what do you think about it? A good question is why different brands of THE SAME vaccine use various amounts of aluminum some containing as much as four times the amount of the same exact vaccine just a different brand.

Do you feel that Drs should purchase the non-and low dose- aluminum vaccines? Should more DRs be concerned and pushing for objective studies performed by completely independent groups with no ties to vaccine manufactures or political orgs that show that it is safe? As a parent do you think about what is in the vaccine or is it a non-issue to you?

(this is not a don't vax do vax debate, this is a debate about what is IN the vax and if research should be done to determine that it is indeed safe for young developing minds. Obviously it can not be removed but better spacing of vaccines is a very real and valid point to many people both parents and in the medical field. (Such as instead of having a vax that groups two and three diferent vaccines in one vial just on vaccine per vial and space the shots out over a greater time period)
  2. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    Well this is going to sound really effing paranoid, but I am convinced that corporations are poisoning us. They inject hormones, steroids and antibiotics into our food. Fruits and veggi's have lost over half their nutritional value over the last 70 years because of the pesticides. Our air is being polluted and most tap water contains arsenic and jet fuel. So it really doesn't surprise me that vaccines are also dangerous. EVERYTHING we consume is.

Frankly, just makes me feel better about being a big fat smoker. At least my cigarettes say POISON on them and I know what I am getting, lol.

Meanwhile, yes I think the government should make sure shit is safer and do its job and effing protect us. But no one listens to me, so I am just abstaining from the stuff I think is the most dangerous.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    Well this is going to sound really effing paranoid, but I am convinced that corporations are poisoning us. They inject hormones, steroids and antibiotics into our food. Fruits and veggi's have lost over half their nutritional value over the last 70 years because of the pesticides. Our air is being polluted and most tap water contains arsenic and jet fuel. So it really doesn't surprise me that vaccines are also dangerous. EVERYTHING we consume is.

Frankly, just makes me feel better about being a big fat smoker. At least my cigarettes say POISON on them and I know what I am getting, lol.

Meanwhile, yes I think the government should make sure shit is safer and do its job and effing protect us. But no one listens to me, so I am just abstaining from the stuff I think is the most dangerous.

and honestly it scares me esspecially on how dangerous these vaccines could potentially be...so i think they should be spaced out more..especially in infants..after reading that...i will no longer think of shots the same again...

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  4. Rockin the world like never before!!
    Rockin the world like never before!!
    OMG that's makes me think..i'm kinda happy DD has yet to recieve her 6 month shots...now i just don't know what to do for this new baby..any advice moms??
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My feeling.... peds studies are hardly EVER done. There are so many meds out there that HAVE NOT been approved for use in children, but for some there is NO choice but to take it. To me, vax's fall into this. Money needs to start going to studies for peds a whole hell of a lot more than what it is.

As for the the whole shot thing in the OP, I would request that my dr use the low dose shots. I am not sure what brand my kids got so I have no idea what the dosage was, but I do know that my kids have had no bad side effects from said vax's.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am not trying to scare anyone I really am not. I also am not saying do not vaccinate your child. I do think it is important that you talk to the person giving the vaccine and find out what is IN the shot and if it is possible to get a non-aluminum or a low dose aluminum vaccine. I know being in the military it is that much harder to do this though.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    That is pretty scary, and I'm glad that we did delayed/selective because I had no idea THAT particular issue even existed at the time. I'm going to have to think on this one over the rest of the day, but thanks for posting that information Jamie.
  8. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I wish I would have known when it would have mattered for us. But, such is life.

9. Bishes be crazay.
    Bishes be crazay.
    Coincidentally Brain, Child magazine is running an article about this very subject. http://www.brainchildmag.com/

Aluminum isn't the only culprit. Mercury is another element in vaccines which baffles my mind considering how heavily "they" push staying away from Mercury while pregnant.

Apparently they suggest getting a flu shot during a woman's second trimester, especially if baby's due during flu season. That one was news to me.

It really does put us, as parents, in a bind about weighing the pros and cons when it comes to protecting our kids.

10. Senior Member
    Hm... I don't understand why they are HepBing babies so early anyways... I know when I was in school it wasn't mandatory until 8th grade. I do plan on vaccinating my children, just on a schedule that I agree with (which actually with the military is easier than normal since you don't have to make an actual doctors appt).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast