Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right to Privacy on the Internet

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Right to Privacy on the Internet

Advertisements
    So, I'm watching Fox News... and they're debating this website that copies "sexy" photos off of Facebook and posts them on a different site..... basically a big compilation of sexy photos of random girls.

There's a lady arguing that it's a violation of privacy and the "victims" should be able to sue.

What do you guys think??

Personally, I feel that if you're gonna post a skanky photo on the net, it's a risk you're taking. Unless someone seriously hacks your stuff, there's really no such thing as being "entitled" to internet privacy.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hey they posted it on my facebook thats their faults! If they didnt want their "private" stuff seeing or possibly at risk of being copied... dont put it up! Simple as that
  3. Banned
    Banned
    what is she going to sue for? did the get money from what they did? it's on the internet! also, you can have photo setting for only your friends to see your pics. i say get over it and be more careful.
  4. Fact: bears eat beets.
    Fact: bears eat beets.
    Let's face it, facebook probably isn't that hard to hack in to!

I'd never put anything online that would bother me if the whole world saw it! Nothing on the internet is as private as they make it out to be.

I have no idea how you would go about suing someone for that anyway...
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was kinda ridiculous.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    The way I see it, the internet is like any public street corner. And posting stuff on the internet is like posting a flyer on a street pole for the world to see. If someone takes your flyer and uses it for something else, its YOUR fault, you are the one that posted it for everyone to see. To me the internet is no place for privacy.

Unless you have a lockbox where you keep your stuff private in an email account and only you have access, if someone hacks into it I would consider that like a thief taking your purse. Otherwise, nope, its all public.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If their accounts were set to private and their account was hacked then yes they have grounds to sue. If it was not private while I still find it to be a lack of ethics there is not much legal ground to stand on.
  8. martiemullet
    if you post a picture in a public place, you risk people saving it. that's life. if i stuck a picture of myself on a bulletin board at the laundromat, and someone stole it, i wouldn't be surprised. so if i post it on a public site like facebook or myspace, and someone steals it, why in the hell would i be surprised?
  9. Senior Member

I agree if your going to post a pic on a PUBLIC forum then you gave people permission to view it and pretty much take it. Think before posting a pic or personal info.
  10. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    I think it actually is illegal as in copyright violation. Photographers post their photos online all the time and if someone steals them that is illegal. Of course, I know it happens and its hard to catch people doing. I had one of my photos stolen (it was of my cat) and one day I googled the breed and found the photo on 2 other websites that I did not give permission for my photo to be on, and I wasn't asked permission or given credit for the photo.... that was upsetting to me, not because I expected the photo was "private" but dude who would ever think some tard would steal a pic of your cat?
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast