Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Mom's - Stop using your kids as an excuse to get fat!"

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

"Mom's - Stop using your kids as an excuse to get fat!"

Advertisements
    That's the title of a post that some guy put on a weight-loss/fitness forum.

His original post caused so much of a disturbance that the mods locked and deleted it before I had a chance to cut and past the content ... but, basically, this guy was telling Mothers that it's wrong to use your children as an "excuse" to be fat. Claiming that too many mothers use their children as an excuse to be lazy, fat and otherwise unhealthy.

Thoughts?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm very overweight...but I have been pretty much my entire life...not because I had kids though

ETA: I'm not fat because I had kids....There are things on my body that are different after having kids though that's for sure! I have less time to take care of my self now having kids and lack of sleep at night definitely plays a huge factor in "my" life on the choices I make the next day...basically if I have not had much sleep I tend to make bad/unhealthy choices...if I sleep good I do much better. It's weird, but it's true. If I didn't have kids, I would probably still be overweight though...just other issues going on with me I guess.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Well, when he goes through pregnancy and all of the physical and hormonal changes that happen with it, and when he's a mom who's taking care of 80% of the housework and 80% of caring for the children, then I think he'll have more room to tell me that me being 20 lbs overweight is wrong. I'd like to see him fit working out into my schedule every day
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Like with anything in life SOME people are overweight due to sheer laziness. Kids or not. So yeah some may use that as an additional excuse. However, not everyone overweight is that way due to laziness and poor eating habits. Some is genetics, some is medical etc. So to assume that everyone that is overweight with kids is that way due to laziness is sheer ignorance.
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    LOL, Brandi - yeah, that's what I responded to his post with...I told him to walk 50 miles in a mother's shoes and then report back.

He responded with a "well, I work out, take care of the kids when my wife works and then work full time in the evenings" ... blah blah - and so if *he* can do it then so can everyone else. HMM...

I'd love to inject him with a daily dose of estrogen and rob him of his masculinity and see how well he fairs ... Sure, anyone can *do* that if they felt the same, happy way every day they woke up.
  6. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    I think some men are unable to comprehend just how much a woman's body changes during pregnancy. What a boob.
    Amy
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    Like with anything in life SOME people are overweight due to sheer laziness. Kids or not. So yeah some may use that as an additional excuse. However, not everyone overweight is that way due to laziness and poor eating habits. Some is genetics, some is medical etc. So to assume that everyone that is overweight with kids is that way due to laziness is sheer ignorance.
    Exactly!
  8. Senior Member
    I weighed 50 lbs LESS (than I weigh right this second) the day I delivered my second child. I cannot and do not blame my pregnancies for any of my current weight gain.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    I am not a mother, but I don't see how any (good) mother could be LAZY. Hello, once you have kids it's kinda hard to just sit on your ass all too often. I don't think most mothers, especially with young children, have the time to get lazy, lol.

Not to mention baby weight. The way a woman's hormones change during pregnancy can be brutal. Not to mention, like I said, a woman usually doesn't have a whole lot of time after having a baby to excercize it off right away.

This guys a quack, he clearly isn't married and doesn't have any children. If he is married I feel sorry for his wife, cause he is very insensitive.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Hormonal issues can play a huge roll and so can things like gestational diabetes or even just insulin issues even if you're not actually diagnosed with actual GD. The hormonal changes you go through during pregnancy can bring a lot of these things on and a lot of times they do not go away post pregnancy. Men will never understand. My husband is good about listening to my moans and groans about this or that but I know (and don't expect him to) really, truly "get it". Until you've been pregnant and actually experienced how DRASTIC the changes are, you just really can not fathom how much your body really does change.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast