Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man Gropes Boy in Walmart Bathroom

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

Man Gropes Boy in Walmart Bathroom

Advertisements
    Ok, so I put this in debates because I know there has been a huge debate about this before. this was in SD news today. What do you think about kids (boys or girls) going into the bathroom alone? At what age do you think its ok if the mom or dad are waiting outside?

Police Say Man Groped Boy In Wal-Mart Bathroom

SAN DIEGO -- A man was arrested on suspicion of molesting a 9-year-old boy at a San Diego County Wal-Mart on Saturday afternoon.

Authorities said Travis Banegas, 28, assaulted the boy in the restroom of a Wal-Mart in Santee at about 2 p.m. San Diego County sheriff's deputies said Banegas grabbed the boy and groped him over his clothing.

The boy ran to his mother, who was waiting for him outside the bathroom. She notified Wal-Mart staff and the sheriff's department.

Deputies and store employees located Banegas after searching the Wal-Mart. The victim identified him, and deputies confirmed that he was the suspect from the store's surveillance video, authorities said.

Banegas admitted to the assault in an interview, deputies said.

He was arrested on one count of child molestation, and his bail was set at $50,000.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    THIS is why until I am comfortable, my boys will still go to the womens bathroom with ME. I dont care how uncomfortable ANYONE else is. MY KIDS, MY DECISION.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i think major public places like the mall/walmart/target/etc it depends greatly on the child, some children know to run out right away if someone comes near them earlier while others take a bit longer to grasp that concept. i don't know really. i would hope that a parent would go in if they though something was out of character or use a family bathroom if at all possible.
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I agree Donna. I don't have kids, but if I did, my kid would be going with me into the bathroom until I felt it was the right time. Same for a daughter, I would want my husband to take her into the bathroom with him until the time was right. As a person with no kids, I don't really care if I see a boy in the girls bathroom. Its not like there is a bunch of naked women, LOL, its just a bathroom, people do their business behind stalls, who cares if a young boy is in there. I've been in a bathroom where a mom was in there with her son who looked like he was about 13, I really didn't think twice about it.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Stories like this are EXACTLY why my DS goes into the men's room ONLY when DH or FIL are with us - if there is no trusted male to go with him he is in the ladies room WITH me! That poor little boy!
  6. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    Stories like this are EXACTLY why my DS goes into the men's room ONLY when DH or FIL are with us - if there is no trusted male to go with him he is in the ladies room WITH me! That poor little boy!
    Ditto....There are sick ass people out there just lurking for kids to come in by themselves
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    THIS is why until I am comfortable, my boys will still go to the womens bathroom with ME. I dont care how uncomfortable ANYONE else is. MY KIDS, MY DECISION.

I just had to deal with this in Wal-mart yesterday. Some little girl was asking her Mom why a little boy(DS) was in the girls bathroom. She told her "I just can't say why other parents do what they do". I and walked out. People like that are just not worth the effort. If she is uncomfortable she can get over it and leave or shut up and pee because until I choose my son stays with me. He does his thing and waits by the door. It's not like he is running around looking under stalls. If Wal-mart has an issue I will just tell my son to whip it out and pee on the asile. "Clean up on asile 5!"
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post

I just had to deal with this in Wal-mart yesterday. Some little girl was asking her Mom why a little boy(DS) was in the girls bathroom. She told her "I just can't say why other parents do what they do". I and walked out. People like that are just not worth the effort. If she is uncomfortable she can get over it and leave or shut up and pee because until I choose my son stays with me. He does his thing and waits by the door. It's not like he is running around looking under stalls. If Wal-mart has an issue I will just tell my son to whip it out and pee on the asile. "Clean up on asile 5!"

the only time i have a problem is when parents do let their kids run around and peek under stalls doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My kids will pee with me until I feel they are old enough not too. My son WILL NOT go into a walmart restroom by himself for a WHILE. He's only 40 pds and comes up to my waist seeing as I'm only 5'3 you do the math. No way is he peeing alone
  10. soldiersangel
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post

the only time i have a problem is when parents do let their kids run around and peek under stalls doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl
    That's when I have the problem. I was in a bathroom in a mall in Michigan while I was visiting family. My aunt and I were in a stale next to each other and I was peeing, and taking care of an AF problem. And all of the sudden I look up and there's a lil boy sticking his head under the door and was staring at me. I freaked out, and told the boy to stop. When I came out of the bathroom his mom started bitching at me for yelling at her son. I came back and told her that if her son decides to peek at me, then I have the right to yell at him. Then I just walked out.

I think that if a child is a certain age then he or she should be able to use the bathroom without needing someone with them. But it also depends on the maturity level.

I also think that if your going to bring your child, boy or girl, into the bathroom then you should have them under control. How would you like it if a kid was peeking at you while you used the bathroom??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast